So should the UFC sign Tonya Evinger?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Why the hell not? This is a no brainier really. Woman's Bantamweight is probably the most shallow division in the UFC aside from Woman's Featherweight I guess. Evinger is like 19-5 and probably in her prime. It's now or never and I think the UFC should no bring her over

Have her debut against Bethe, Carmouche or Pena

Thoughts???

I like her but I say no. I think she is past her prime imo

No. Ditch wmma and build up the men's divisions.

No. I don't think a champion who misses weight for a championship fight is UFC caliber.

She should go to where Rizin where she can head stomp

She tried TUF and got beat. Plus I don't like her, and apparently neither do the UFC so no she shouldn't.

Yes. The UFC needs as many WMMA fighters they can get to continue building their divisions.

They are devaluing Invicta by not doing so by basically telling us that a 3x defending champ in that promotion isn't UFC caliber. If a fighter like that isn't gonna get a call up to the UFC, why should the average fan care about Invicta?

Looking at the top ten, she'll be fodder for most of them.
Champion : Amanda Nunes no chance in hell

1 Valentina Shevchenko gets outstruck, and submitted if she goes for sloppy takedowns

2 Julianna Pena Gets outwrestled and submitted

3 Ronda Rousey Gets submitted

4 Raquel Pennington Already lost to her way back when on TUF. Pennington has only gotten better since then, aganst better competition than Evinger has faced.

5 Holly Holm gets countered all night

6 Sara McMann Her biggest strengths are the same as Tpnya's only Sara is better

7 Cat Zingano Tonya might have a chance here due to Zingano's ever present ring rust

8 Liz Carmouche Could be close

9 Germaine de Randamie UFC needs to update their rankings

10 Bethe Correia
Tonyas best bet at an impressive win

I think they should instead move all their female fighters to Invicta. They could hold a great PPV with the female champions fighting for unification.

She sure knows how to cry her belt back that's for sure.

But yes she is a top ten talent - should be in already. Even Joe Silva is gone so that shouldn't be a factor.

Unfortunately for Tanya, she does not have much appeal to the image conscious UFC.

They are devaluing Invicta by not doing so by basically telling us that a 3x defending champ in that promotion isn't UFC caliber. If a fighter like that isn't gonna get a call up to the UFC, why should the average fan care about Invicta?

Why should the average fan care about Invicta if all their decent fighters go to the UFC?

Why should the average fan care about Invicta if all their decent fighters go to the UFC?
To get hyped about the next crop of prospects who could potentially become future champions and contenders. Same reason to watch any feeder league that is halfway decent.

she loses to everyone in the top ten

shes got very limited talent. hell she got subbed by a girl so in the rematch offered her limbs left right and centre.

theres a reason shes stil in invicta

Nah and I'm sure she doesn't want that either.
She won't be able to get every sub loss turning into a NC then.

Back