Werdum vs Overeem III for # 1 contendorship?

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In response to Luke Rockhold's callout (lol..) UFC said that they had "plans" for Werdum in the summer.

Perhaps the rubber match between Werdum and Reem? Possibly for the next title shot?

What you guys think?

And if Werdum makes it look like it did the second fight I'll go right back to loathing the man.

Just to remind folks.. Werdum submitted Overeem r. 2 via kimura in the opening rounds of PRIDE 2006 grand prix. They then fought again in 2011 for the heavyweight grand prix Quarterfinals and both were on hot streaks - Werdum had just become the first man to defeat Fedor, and Overeem was in full on UBEREEM mode. Werdum did all he could to avoid a striking battle literally sat his ass on the fucking mat gesturing with his hands to reem to come down to the mat with him. It was a failure. However, the gods were just that night and awarded Overeem with the victory.

So they are 1-1. With Werdum's more standup approach to fights and Overrems chin well known perhaps this will actually be a good fight this time.

Last edited:
Boy there's a fight I'm not interested in seeing again. I have zero interest in seeing this play out one more time. Their first fight was entertaining enough, but part 2 was a travesty.

69bb850fcf81afa2b746e1759de792b3.gif

It's right up there with wanting a part 2 of this:

b4g0lg3.gif

Boy there's a fight I'm not interested in seeing again. I have zero interest in seeing this play out one more time. Their first fight was entertaining enough, but part 2 was a travesty.

b4g0lg3.gif

This was my concern, but if you look at recent fights Werdum has changed his style a lot and got a lot of criticism for the 2nd fight ... I think he may try to stand with him this time, or at least use his ground game if it comes to it during the flow of the fight. He also knows that Overeem's chin is in question so I believe he would feel more confidant on the feet.

b4g0lg3.gif
27182.jpg

No legs and he stood more than Werdum in that fight

second fight was a shit-show but Werdum is way more confident standing now and there's no way we would get a repeat of that. It makes sense, I'd rather see Cain vs Reem but Cain doesn't seem like he will be ready to fight until the end of the year.

This fight for title shot, Ngannou should fight another contender and if he wins that fight the loser of this for a TS. Or Lewis.

Lol if you think Reem signs any bout before he sees that champion ship fight.. if JDS wins guess what's next for him.

Also I think some of you need to check out that Reem vs Werdum 2 fight just to refresh your memories a little bit. :D

I'm not sure who i Dislike more werdum or travis browne they both are such little weasels

Werdum is a beast at standup now. He will definitely kickbox with Reem. Reem will probably be cautious and catch Werdum doing some badly timed spinning back wheel kick or flying knee.

b4g0lg3.gif
Their second fight was unwatchable. A parody of MMA.

Thank you for reminding me of this horror.
<21>

In response to Luke Rockhold's callout (lol..) UFC said that they had "plans" for Werdum in the summer.

Perhaps the rubber match between Werdum and Reem? Possibly for the next title shot?

What you guys think?

And if Werdum makes it look like it did the second fight I'll go right back to loathing the man.

Just to remind folks.. Werdum submitted Overeem r. 2 via kimura in the opening rounds of PRIDE 2006 grand prix. They then fought again in 2011 for the heavyweight grand prix Quarterfinals and both were on hot streaks - Werdum had just become the first man to defeat Fedor, and Overeem was in full on UBEREEM mode. Werdum did all he could to avoid a striking battle literally sat his ass on the fucking mat gesturing with his hands to reem to come down to the mat with him. It was a failure. However, the gods were just that night and awarded Overeem with the victory.

So they are 1-1. With Werdum's more standup approach to fights and Overrems chin well known perhaps this will actually be a good fight this time.
I'm a huge fan of Rockhold. But boy he got owned by the UFC.

Lol.

Back