‘Rampage’ Jackson regrets starting MMA, wishes he remained close with his family

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
“I would have to honestly say that my biggest regret is even starting this sport,” Jackson told ESPN. “I think I would’ve lived a different life if I would have stayed home in Memphis and worked at the family business. I’d be closer to my family and growing old with them instead of living out in California with all of my family back at home. My little sister’s all grown and stuff now; I left home when she was like eight. My dream was to go and be a fighter. But then now when I look back on it, I wish that I just stayed back home with my family.”

“I gained a lot of fans, I made a lot of money, but I feel like I lost my family,” he said. “I don’t see them, I don’t know them. My parents are getting older, and I’m living in California away from them. I have my own family here — my kids and stuff — but I miss my cousins, my parents, and my sisters and brothers.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...-remained-close-with-his-family-bellator-news

Btw, the family business he is talking about is in construction.

Last edited:
Lol right, in hindsight it's easy to say that. Mma has allowed him provide well for himself and his family.

If he stayed back with them and not done mma he wouldn't have had much.

Lol right, in hindsight it's easy to say that. Mma has allowed him provide well for himself and his family.

If he stayed back with them and not done mma he wouldn't have had much.
You're so deep and insightful.

Move to Memphis then bud.
I mean, is there a rule that says fighters have to live in Cali?

Rampage complains about everything. If the Fertitas GIFTED him one billion dollars, he would say the company sold for $4 billion and he made them a lot more than that and he was responsible for the sale.

In an alternate reality where Rampage stays at home.
Rampage: Man, fuck you guys. I could have made billions being undefeated in fighting and been the highest paid actor in Hollywood. Biggest mistake of my life

In an alternate reality where Rampage is a movie star
Rampage: Man, I regret doing movies. My whole life is pretending to be somebody. I should have been volunteering and helping people in need my whole life, rather than pretending to be a hero. I should have been a fireman.

Last edited:
Uh oh Whampage better call the whaaaambulance
This guy loves to complain

So he doesn't regret all the other stupid shit he's done over the years?

I respect his thought process but I am happy he chose MMA.

He is one of my all time favourite fighters and his KO over Arona is my favourite KO as well.

L9CHz3C.gif

Its cool that he thinks about that stuff, but I always find odd how (certain) athletes don't appreciate things they have. With Rampage, he's probably not as happy as we think he should be. One similar instance that annoyed me for some reason, was Arian Foster was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently. And this guy was talking about how he wouldn't play football if he could go back. As if he is some astrophycist in football player's uniform. Trying to talk like he is some open-minded guru or intellectual, yet as he was talking to Joe, he demonstrated none of those skills. He sounded like what he is: a jock.

Rampage is a legend, very unfortunate to hear him say something like that...What people don't understand is that there isn't a major MMA gym in Memphis and a lot of other cities- fighters have to move to where there is good training if they aren't fortunate enough to have a good team in their hometown.

Hopefully he wins his next fight with King Mo and ends that Bellator contract on a W. I'd love to see him have a couple more fights in the UFC as a "curtain call" but I definitely can't blame the man if he chooses to retire after his next fight.

Either way Rampage is a legend and Hall of Famer, hope he finds peace wherever life takes him.

“I would have to honestly say that my biggest regret is even starting this sport,” Jackson told ESPN. “I think I would’ve lived a different life if I would have stayed home in Memphis and worked at the family business. I’d be closer to my family and growing old with them instead of living out in California with all of my family back at home. My little sister’s all grown and stuff now; I left home when she was like eight. My dream was to go and be a fighter. But then now when I look back on it, I wish that I just stayed back home with my family.”

“I gained a lot of fans, I made a lot of money, but I feel like I lost my family,” he said. “I don’t see them, I don’t know them. My parents are getting older, and I’m living in California away from them. I have my own family here — my kids and stuff — but I miss my cousins, my parents, and my sisters and brothers.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...-remained-close-with-his-family-bellator-news

Btw, the family business he is talking about is in construction.

So move back now you fool!

he complains a lot.

he says this now that he has banged every chick in japan.

With his education he probably wanted to become a civil engineer

Jesus fucking christ you're all a bunch of ressentiment infested dick lickers

Its cool that he thinks about that stuff, but I always find odd how (certain) athletes don't appreciate things they have. With Rampage, he's probably not as happy as we think he should be. One similar instance that annoyed me for some reason, was Arian Foster was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently. And this guy was talking about how he wouldn't play football if he could go back. As if he is some astrophycist in football player's uniform. Trying to talk like he is some open-minded guru or intellectual, yet as he was talking to Joe, he demonstrated none of those skills. He sounded like what he is: a jock.
<{CMPALM}>

The human ego is a fascinating thing to me. Mix it in with some stupidity, and you have some seriously deluded individuals when it comes to their abilities. Athletes have big egos because they are good athletes, but they don't seem to understand just because they succeeded in that endeavor, it doesn't mean they were gifted in other non-athletic ways.

You're so deep and insightful.

To be fair, there are a lot of people who hate their lives because they did stay in their home town to help their families and work at the family business. Rampage made millions of dollars, he could have moved back home and helped his family 10 years but he didn't. The man has regrets, we all do the only difference is it sounds like he could have done a lot more to help his family and didn't.

Back