Rockhold wanting to fight 60lbs higher takes balls... the opposite of Rousey

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Luke is very similar to being like Mousasi which is to fight beyond weight categories like in Japan old skool open weight bouts.

In 8 mths back in 2008/2009, Mousasi beat in a row Manhoef, Jacare and Hunt.
185lbs ---> 265lbs

That's rockstar attitude that would be great in the ufc for men and women. Imagine PVZ vs Cyborg! Overeem vs Kevin Lee! Gufstasson vs Wonderboy!

Bj Penn at 180lbs fought Machida once who was 225lbs at K1 in 2005.

Rousey was right to be afraid of Cyborg and going up in weight. Despite all the BS of I'm the champ so you have to mt me at 135lbs. Uncle Dana would gladly accommodate a catch weight of 140lbs.

Sea_Salt16oz_Raw_Scrub_Body_Massage_Oil_Candle_Large_03.jpg

Bold move by Rockhold. I don't get why you bring up Rousey though. I'm not a fan of hers, but she's certainly not the first fighter to not want to move up in weight.

Its not 60 pounds. Its probably 25-30 pound difference between him and Werdum. This weight difference happens at HW sometimes.

Rockhold has never been afraid of a challenge but what does Rousey have to do with this?

You do know Rockhold weighs 185 for about 15 minutes of two days a year, at most, right?

He is not actually a 185 pound man.

Its not 60 pounds. Its probably 25-30 pound difference between him and Werdum. This weight difference happens at HW sometimes.
Yeah I think Werdum weighs in at like 240. Rockhold is a very big middleweight. It's a big gap but it's not 60 pounds.

Rousey didn't have a higher weight class to move up to and she had more to lose.

You didn't see Rockhold clamouring for a fight against Werdum when he was the champ.

You do know Rockhold weighs 185 for about 15 minutes of two days a year, at most, right?

He is not actually a 185 pound man.

That's like telling me the difference btn a flaccid vs erect penis.

Their actual weigh ins are 185lbs vs 242lbs.

I imagine Werdum walks around at 260+ and Luke at around 215.

Last edited:
Luke must weigh about 200-215lbs in the cage, and thats after cutting weight.
He wouldn't have to cut weight to fight Werdum, who only weighs in at 238, so its much closer than people realize.

Rockhold said he was 254 before his last training camp and weight cut

Where the fook is the context?
Is Rockhold fighting at LHW? What are we talking about here?
These half assed threads are number 1 Sherdog bullshit.
<mma3>

Werdum isn't 265 and Rockhold isn't 185 even when he fights at middleweight. It's not that big of a size difference in either weight or frame

Back