Mike Perry: An unbiased look at what may come.

Kyler Ruxin

Immunized
@Silver
Reaction score
With the recent scientific look done by my good buddy @Kristian82 (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mike-perry-lets-put-some-perspective-on-him.3497083/) on the future of Mike Perry, I thought it would be nice to take a further look into the man known as Platinum.

201400002391.jpg

The man, the myth, the Legend. Mike "Platinum" Perry. A lot as been said about this man, and much controversy has been had on our very own Sherdog Forums. With so many opinions out there on how good he is, and how good he may be, it is interesting to look at other fighters in UFC history to see what path he may be on. Who else started there career like the Platinum one, and does this tell us where he is going?

Leonard Garcia
5976-leonardgarcia_mugshot_medium.jpg

Many people have made comparisons to the styles of Mike Perry and Leonard Garcia, but the comparisons do not end there. Just like Perry, Leonard Garcia started his MMA career by building an impressive 9-1 record. Garcia hit a bit of a road block in his first UFC loss, losing to rising start Roger Huerta. After this fight, Roger Huerta was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Many saw this as a strange move, since Huerta was very much not a household name. Many believe it was his Hollywood good looks that landed him the cover. This brings us to Mike Perry's first UFC loss. Alan Jouban, a middling UFC fighter with the looks of a model (he is a professional model.) The early career path is very eerie, with such similar fighters losing decisions to such similar fighters. Leonard Garcia of course went on to have some minor success as an entertaining brawler, but his tendency to throw wildly without being able to hit his opponent finally caught up with him, and he was cut after 5 consecutive UFC losses. Will the evenly skilled Perry share a similar fate?

Chris Leben
13360745_BG1.JPG

Another fighter who started his career 9-1. Chris "The Crippler" Leben was a fighter, much like Perry, that brought out the emotions in UFC fans. His personality made him either loved or hated. One thing was for sure, he always came to fight. A career full of ups and downs, Leben was never considered a serious contender, but was always someone that you wanted to see fight. He had an impressive UFC career filled with many wars, some won, others lost. Another fighter with a brawling style, it would not be inconceivable to see Mike Perry have a similar career to the The Crippler.

Houston Alexander
houstan.png

"Houston Alexander is for real!!!" "That dude is violent!!" Goldy and Rogan could hardly contain themselves. While he didn't have the trademark brawler record of 9-1, he came very close with his 8-1-1 record(the NC coming after he illegally kneed a downed opponent.) Houston Alexander made some big noise early in his UFC career, knocking out Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara in his first 2 UFC fights. At that point, it looked like the sky was the limit for this heavy hitter, but things didn't exactly go as planned, when he lost his next 4 UFC fights, and would never return to the UFC after that.

Each fighter is made differently, and careers can go in all sorts of directions, so please take this research with a grain of salt. I just found it all to be very interesting.

As always, let's keep this civil, and to all the trolls out there, maybe you could just sit this one out and let us grown ups have a civilized discussion.

Last edited:
I think Platinum will have a better career than said fighters. The guy is just starting out and when he puts it all together... Watch Out!!!

Houston Alexander turned to shit rather quick. He lost to Kimbo Slice!!! Hopefully your boy Mike wont have a similar career to his.

200.gif

you know I like to shit on you plat nation dudes, but props man.... this is actually a good thread

Platinum Mike Perry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

I think Platinum will have a better career than said fighters. The guy is just starting out and when he puts it all together... Watch Out!!!
The dude is 25, he's not the young prospect Erick Silva. By the time Silva is Perry's age, he'll be a lot better.

The dude is 25, he's not the young prospect Erick Silva. By the time Silva is Perry's age, he'll be a lot better.
I am unable to give this post more than 1 like, but believe me it deserves more lol

I'm not sure who cooper mike is but platinum he's not!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back