Fighters you liked until you got to see their personality

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
I was actually a fan of DC in StrikeForce. Can't stand him now.

Name yours!

Ironically enough it was Conor McGregor. Was becoming quite the fan during his Poirier fight, but then things got a little too personal between him and Aldo, and that's when my hate towards him began.

Still hate him, hell of a fighter though

I hated choir boy Jones especially after the dry snitching on people smoking weed incident.

I root for Bones the heel though.

Would you believe I liked Jones? When he was told in the ring he earned a title shot he fell to his knees in joy and me and the wife both cheered for him to beat shogun .... Then cocaine and car crashes happened.

dan henderson

because no one is that awesome

Jones.

Initially was a big fan seeing the stuff he could do in the octagon, but listening to his holier-than-thou christian spiel, then watching him commit one crime / f-up after another, cheating, etc., made me realize what a true moron this guy is.

Anderson Silva.

I think it's easier to name the opposite: fighters one disliked until you learned they are decent dudes. Examples: Faber, JDS, Gus and some others.

Most fighters are Divas.

Personality is irrelevant.
I agree it's not relevant to deciding the winnder during the 25 minutes inside the cage, it is definitely relevant for the 3+ months up to that point and for prize-fighting in general. MMA is essentially prize-fighting. A likeable, relatable or enviable personality attracts the masses (ie, McGregor) which in turn increases the prize. You could argue the greater the prize the more important the fight, but that could be debatable.

Tim Sylvia. Met him at an IFL card sitting all by himself. Just wanted to tell him congrats on a great career. and asked him what his favorite fight was MMA years. Without even looking at me, he said "I didn't know". That was it. WELL EXCUSSSSS ME! Dick

Personality is irrelevant.
Very true. I mean my answer to the TS's question would probably be Aldo, but I'll pay to watch him fight any day and won't root against him just because he's a dickhead (imo)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back