Joanna'a chin vs Andrade's power?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This will be a tough fight for both fighters but I think it will go the distance. Even though Joanna doesn't have the best chin Andrade doesn't have the kind of power people think she does. She has 5 tko's in 21 fights and only 1 in her last 13. They are both pressure fighters and volume strikers so this should be a great fight. However most people that are picking Andrade think she'll stop Joanna and I just don't see that happaening.

I think Joanna weathers an early barrage, maybe gets knocked down, then wears Andrade down and TKOs her late.

Both Joanna at women's strawweight and Mighty Mouse at flyweight can only lose to themselves. The level gap between them and the contenders in their divisions is enormous.
different examples. mighty has beaten the hell out of an already developed division. its not the most developed in history, but its a mature division. joanna is a good champ in a division thats still very young. mighty will lose to age or an outstanding upstart. joanna has quite a bit to do and has had a lot more vulnerability.

These women weigh 115 pounds.

This is going to a decision. No one is stopping anyone.

As you might know, we signed Jessica Andrade under PLATINUM RECORDS because we admire her style in that she delivers an amazing performance in each of her fights.

I'm excited to see whether she's the one to climb on the throne next. War Lady Platinum!

I see Andrade doing very well early but JJ wearing her out through constantly landing, breaking her near the end of the third. Maybe not finishing her but decisively taking the fight over

if Jojo has the power in her strikes to hurt Andrade, then so does JoJed. Im expecting Andrade to get hurt and start shooting on Joanna more than I expect Andrade to crack Joannas chin

Like Rousey was... Joanna is the best fighter in a thin division until the overall quality improves (and it's beginning to). Matter of time before she loses. I don't think Andrade is the one to do it, but she might surprise me. I think the UFC keeps JJ away from Waterson as long as possible.

Like Rousey was... Joanna is the best fighter in a thin division until the overall quality improves (and it's beginning to). Matter of time before she loses. I don't think Andrade is the one to do it, but she might surprise me. I think the UFC keeps JJ away from Waterson as long as possible.
I doubt the UFC would mind having Karate Hottie of all people as champion instead of JJ...

I doubt the UFC would mind having Karate Hottie of all people as champion instead of JJ...

I just think they're going to ride the undefeated JJ train as long as possible. She's a difficult champ to market, and her being undefeated is probably the only thing she has going for her right now.

I just think they're going to ride the undefeated JJ train as long as possible. She's a difficult champ to market, and her being undefeated is probably the only thing she has going for her right now.
But then why wouldn't they want a champ that's easier to market in KH?

She has 4 KOs and 1 sub out of 13 fights.

Like I said, no one is stopping anyone this fight.
It's probably more likely that JoJed gets finished in this fight than Andrade does. If JoJed gets a finish(T/KO) it will be late.

Andrade on paper really should be a horrible kryptonite level match up for JoJed. She's essentially a stronger, relentless, more power & better conditioned Claudia. It could be a walk in the park for her.

JoJed was also hurt/dropped in both her last fights. Somethin's gotta give eventually.

if Jojo has the power in her strikes to hurt Andrade, then so does JoJed. Im expecting Andrade to get hurt and start shooting on Joanna more than I expect Andrade to crack Joannas chin

The idea that Calderwood hurt Andrade is ludicrous. She wasn't in trouble in any moment of that fight.

The idea that Calderwood hurt Andrade is ludicrous. She wasn't in trouble in any moment of that fight.
she hurt her with a knee and then andrade started shooting panicky takedowns

we've went over this before, so shhh... you bore me

Back