Joe Rogan On Bellator Gaining More Respect as An Organisation Because of Great Fights

they have LITERALLY ALWAYS had great fights, you people didn't watch them, so they started doing fights they knew people would watch. Then people pretended like it was all they did.

4dd171143c2f1f62195c0538ae32fd0b

Wa5ZjO2.gif

usa-today-9125488.0.jpg

they have LITERALLY ALWAYS had great fights, you people didn't watch them, so they started doing fights they knew people would watch. Then people pretended like it was all they did.
Sucks that some fans who start following Bellator today will never know about Carvalo's upset over Halsey, the Pitbull vs Caveman fight, the original tournaments, Shlemenko's reign at Middleweight, or the Chandler vs Alvarez fights.

When we look back at Bellator, this will all be overshadowed by UFC signings and Dada vs Kimbo.

Bellator and UFC are in direct competition right now for which is dumber. Over at Bellator we have the stupidity of:

-Headliners like Shamrock/Gracie and Dada/Kimbo.
-Half of their events can't even be watched live legally in North America.
-Protecting some of their prospects like no other. How the fuck is Michael Page 7-0 in Bellator without fighting an elite guy?

Bellator cant do anything more embarrassing than have Lobov in a main event spot. That includes dada v kimbo...

Sucks that some fans who start following Bellator today will never know about Carvalo's upset over Halsey, the Pitbull vs Caveman fight, the original tournaments, Shlemenko's reign at Middleweight, or the Chandler vs Alvarez fights.

When we look back at Bellator, this will all be overshadowed by UFC signings and Dada vs Kimbo.
Don't forget Imada's come from behind reverse inverted triangle win over Masvidal.

Bellator keeps improving while UFC is putting Lobov as a main event.

Of course UFC > Bellator now but we will have to wait and see.

I mean, I came in when Warren knocked out Soto. First event i remember watching in it's entirety was Alvarez/Huerta a month later, which had Askren/Good on it. This was the peak of the discussion about who was the best lightweight outside the ufc, Alvarez or Melendez, and maybe they should fight to figure it out.

Being in on Bellator back when they didn't have money to put on title fights regularly is something that i remember as negative, but the fact is that I know better than to think of bellator as THAT DUMB FREAKSHOW PROMOTION. I watched their weekly events when they weren't on a channel anybody has ever heard of, don't tell me what you think about Bellator.

i dont see how anyone can support a promotion paying fighters 1k/1k and not give them health insurance

Bellator will probably have more great fights soon, considering how many good fighters WME is letting slip through their fingers, however you can count the great Coker-era Bellator fights to this point on one hand. The minor increase in popularity they have received among casuals is thanks to absolute shitshows involving has-beens with name value. That wouldn't be a sustainable model if the UFC had stayed on course; they were regularly bringing over Bellator's best fighters and signing top prospects at a rate which left Bellator starving for talent in almost every weight-class. If Bellator somehow turns into a legitimate competitor to the UFC, it won't be because they "gained more respect as an organisation because of great fights", it will be because WME sacrificed the Fertittas' long-term strategy for the sake of naive short-term profit-maximising tactics.

Hopefully Bellator rivals the UFC. Not feeling how the UFC treats it's employees. The whole chasing money fights and letting bullshit like champions never defending for years at a time is ridiculous

At 2:35 in, He calls Sherdog "ShitDog"

Ban Him!

<24>

Back