Is Valentina Shevchenko the best WMMA fighter nowadays?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think she has everything, only lacks a bit power.

She has a set of the most lickable legs. Would need to win the title to be called the best, though.

She's the best, and she'll beat Nunes in a rematch.

It's crazy to me that fucking Kyrgyzstan of all places is gonna be the first Asian country with a UFC champion.

She's the best, and she'll beat Nunes in a rematch.

It's crazy to me that fucking Kyrgyzstan of all places is gonna be the first Asian country with a UFC champion.

I've been to Kyrgyzstan twice. The women are beautiful and tough as nails.

Lacking a bit of power? I doubt she'd be able to knock over a sand castle throwing at 100%.

Other than that, she's great. Especially after shutting up Pena.

I think she has everything, only lacks a bit power.

Valentina's got the best stand-up technique of any UFC fighter, male or female.

Supposedly she was 56-2 as a pro fighter in muay thai.

Her ground game has gaps. And that's probably what opponents will exploit.

I'd say she is pretty close to Joanna as far as technique is concerned (Joanna's losses to her in Muay Thai were very early in Joanna's career). And after subbing Pena she has established herself as the most well rounded of the women by far. Exploiting the gaps in her ground game won't be an easy task

giphy.gif

dMvp6Ty.gif

How did she end up in Peru? Does anyone know her bio better than what wikipedia says?

I'd say she is pretty close to Joanna as far as technique is concerned (Joanna's losses to her in Muay Thai were very early in Joanna's career). And after subbing Pena she has established herself as the most well rounded of the women by far. Exploiting the gaps in her ground game won't be an easy task

Joanna sometimes absorbs a lot of damage standing with UFC fighters. Valentina's defense on the feet is better, so I'd give her the edge.

The Pena fight was Valentina's first submission victory in 11 years. And Pena has a history of up-and-down performances.

Her improvements notwithstanding, Valentina's always going to be at a disadvantage against long-time ground fighters.

Joanna sometimes absorbs a lot of damage standing with UFC fighters. Valentina's defense on the feet is better, so I'd give her the edge.

The Pena fight was Valentina's first submission victory in 11 years. And Pena has a history of up-and-down performances.

Her improvements notwithstanding, Valentina's always going to be at a disadvantage against long-time ground fighters.

Her ground game has been looking better and better in every UFC fight so far, though. No one is saying she's Kyra Gracie on the mat, but her takedowns and control on the ground have been impressive for someone with such a strong striking background. As Tonfa said, exploiting her weaknesses on the ground are gonna be tougher than I think anyone expected.

Cyborg would step on the entire female roster like dog shit.

Also, isn't Nunes the champ in Valentina's weight class, and didn't she make Valentina her girlfriend when they fought heads up?

Also, what about Joanna?

Last edited:
Back