What's the comparison between a Matt Serra & a Bisping strike?

It's not about power as much as it is about placement.

GSP has been hit harder by other guys than he was by Serra.

Serra clipped him behind the ear and his equilibrium went flying. Complete disorientation and disrupted coordination were the result. And Serra made it worse with a barrage of punches but GSP was never out. Just uncapable of defending because of the stated reasons.

GSP took a headkick from Condit he didn't see coming and recovered. He also took Hendrick's big left and recovered.

His chin is fine.

Bisping is not a power puncher but with a well placed shot he can KO guys as seen in the second Rockhold fight.

Serra and Bisping are completely different in pretty much every area. Serra is short and stocky and used to wing power punches. Bisping is longer and prefers to throw volume strikes and a high pace.

A KO is a possibility in every fight but imo the Serra fight does not hold any meaning whatsoever in regards to this match up.

Last edited:
Who the fuck knows

All I know is gsp will taking the bisbing fight a lot more serious than the first Serra fight

Serra's best bunch was the overhand right, he used it to drop Karo, Trigg, Hughes and GSP.

Overhand rights work well against guys who use lots of jabs like GSP.

Bisping GSP is more like the battle of the jabs though GSP does tend to throw more overhand rights where Bisping throws more straight right hands from what I've seen.

It will probably be a battle of wrestling/gas though.

Serra hit GSP behind the ear which can really wobble you.

Ovrall Bisping has better striking than Sera, but GSp has some underrated striking as well.

Bisping has TKO'd Light Heavyweights. GSP won't be able to take many, if any, of his punches/kicks.

I think you are dramatically overestimating the impact of size and weight.

I think you are grossly overestimating GSP and his durability. The last time he was in a fight, he got hit so much he quit the sport and took 4 years to recover.

I think you are grossly overestimating GSP and his durability. The last time he was in a fight, he got hit so much he quit the sport and took 4 years to recover.

Fair point if you are coming at it from that angle.

It was already known before the fight that he was going to take a break. The fight itself had nothing to do with it.

GSP has been in wars before and dealt with it just fine. He came at Hendricks and won the fifth round. He came back to beat Penn in the first fight etc. There are multiple examples.

His durability both mentally and physically are excellent.

His distractors keep trying to discredit his toughness and heart. But he has proven more than once that he has both.

The break he took had nothing to do with what happened in his fights but how he felt about the game as a whole. He needed a time off. And he took it.

It's not about power as much as it is about placement.

GSP has been hit harder by other guys than he was by Serra.

Serra clipped him behind the ear and his equilibrium went flying. Complete disorientation and disrupted coordination were the result. And Serra made it worse with a barrage of punches but GSP was never out. Just uncapable of defending because of the stated reasons.

GSP took a headkick from Condit he didn't see coming and recovered. He also took Hendrick's big left and recovered.

His chin is fine.

Bisping is not a power puncher but with a well placed shot he can KO guys as seen in the second Rockhold fight.

Serra and Bisping are completely different in pretty much every area. Serra is short and stocky and used to wing power punches. Bisping is longer and prefers to throw volume strikes and a high pace.

A KO is a possibility in every fight but imo the Serra fight does not hold any meaning whatsoever in regards to this match up.

This about does it ^^^.

Next thread.

Fair point if you are coming at it from that angle.

It's not a fair point at all and it's just as stupid as his last point. You have to assume that the Hendricks fight was the only reason gsp left the sport for his point to have any merit. It wasn't the reason he left so it has no merit and is fucking stupid just like his point about bisping and lhw. Also bisping had no tko wins over anyone worth a damn at 205.

Bisping has TKO'd Light Heavyweights. GSP won't be able to take many, if any, of his punches/kicks.

Because Bisping punches harder than Condit kicks ? Completely fuckin ridiculous.

latest

Back