The UFC Champions that hardly anyone brings up anymore.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let me list a few
-Benson Henderson
This one is really strange to me. He's tied with BJ for all time LW title defenses and that's a pretty damn impressive feat. But most people will only really talk about BJ, Pettis, and Edgar when it comes to LW champions.

-Sean Sherk
This one is also odd but more understandable. He fought a long ass time ago and seems rather generic. Good fighter though.

-Tim Sylvia
He's had a bit of a resurgence within the past year on Sherdog, but when you talk about HW greats and champions he's usually barely given a mention. I guess he's always been hated by the community and that's somehow influenced his legacy.

-Renan Barao
He's fallen into obscurity as of late. Those two losses to Dilasnake did him zero favors.

Rich franklin. Very underrated. I know he doesn't fight anymore but he is more famous for getting destroyed by Silva than he is for being a successful champion.

matt serra. Only geologists talk about him these days......

.....because he's become a boulder.

Conor Mcgregor

Renan Barao was doomed the moment Dana White called him the best pound for pound fighter in the sport.

How many fighters have gone from the best pound-to-pound fighter to obscurity so quickly?

Miletich, Newton, Bustamante, Menne, Franklin, Sylvia, Smith, Rodriguez, Griffin, Pulver.

Let me list a few
-Benson Henderson
This one is really strange to me. He's tied with BJ for all time LW title defenses and that's a pretty damn impressive feat. But most people will only really talk about BJ, Pettis, and Edgar when it comes to LW champions.

Maybe it's because so many of his wins seemed dubious?

Renan Barao was doomed the moment Dana White called him the best pound for pound fighter in the sport.

How many fighters have gone from the best pound-to-pound fighter to obscurity so quickly?

You'd think Dana would have learned his lesson from that, but then Ronda Rousey happened. It was funny how some Sherdoggers actually believed both. Barao was always clearly an inferior version of Aldo.

TiM is a hw great but how do you not bring up Rico Rodriguez ?

Last edited:
Lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos. Fulton by far.

I thought this was going to be a Stipe thread... leaving disappointed.

I still think Melendez should have gotten the W over Benson. That was some fuckery

Most of them - we largely focus on the next fight, not the past

matt serra. Only geologists talk about him these days......

.....because he's become a boulder.

He's known for pulling off the biggest upset in MMA history.

But it was revealed to be a fluke victory, based on how he was completely dominated in the rematch.

Do you expect us to talk about them everyday? Don't see the reason why someone would bring up any of these guys lately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back