Why did Mirko Cro Crop have such a disappointing UFC run?

AngryManlet

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seemed very unimpressive. If you didn't know him before the UFC you would think he was a D-list fighter.

Take this troll job to another forum . I hear IMBD is looking for people

The same reason Liddell had a bad run after rampage came to the UFC

I think a lot of it had also had to do with fighting in a cage vs. fighting in a ring.

The best person to answer that question would be Mirko:

"I'll always believe that my bad period in the UFC started with my injuries... the UFC days, it was injury after injury."

Last edited:
I don't think he was same after he almost crushing wanderlie head in. Also different rules. The he was still training in rope ring not in cage octagon, jmo.

too many wars in Pride

The Gonzaga loss was a freak of nature loss, he didn't expect that. no one did. and I think that 1 KO ended his prime

He was done after the Grand Prix and was cashing cheques

He was surprised and shocked the referee didn't have a earpiece....

He was older and had many injuries and surgeries during his UFC run. He actually didn't do as bad as some make out, he had a winning record in UFC. Has some good wins. He didn't seem to adapt to the cage well, remember the Pride ring was exactly the same as the K1 ring that he had a huge career in.

Cro Cop had some good performances in UFC.
His fight with Pat Barry was epic!!! great fight and then choked him out. His fight with JDS was good to and he was actually doing very well against JDS, watch that fight again and its actually very close until JDS stops him with the knee in the 3rd round, Cro Cop has some great counters in that fight.

It was nice to see him ultimately end his UFC run on a win and getting revenge by giving Gonzaga a beat down. Great stuff, war Cro Cop

Fedor also looked much worse after his pride career I always think both lost their mental toughness and I guess thats yhe reason,just check their pride times they both looked like iron minded cold killers M

Ufc was always better.

Mirco coming off his GP win and Nog coming in on a redonk run prove it.

Mirko had 136 fights in his career in MMA, kickboxing and amateur boxing starting in 1996. He was 10 years into his career when he got to the UFC so his injuries are a legit reason for underperforming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back