Last time you've seen Mayweather sparring vid?

MostDangerousGame

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With all of this Mayweather/ Conor boxing nonsense, when was the last time anyone seen a Mayweather sparring vid or anything of that sort?

Any hardcore MMA fan has seen how hard vets fall, especially when they become older. We've seen Conor sparring but not Mayweather.

How long ago was the last Mayweather sparring vid?

Here's the most recent:

For those say "Who Cares" - - it matters, especially when a GOAT boxer begins to slow down & has shown that in recent fights. Have you seen Mayweather spar of any sort lately?

Last edited:
I have NEVER watched a vid of Floyd sparring.

And, I'm not concerned by that fact.

50 yr old Floyd would still kick Conor's ass in a boxing match.

giphy.gif

Before his fight with Berto, he released a lot of sparring footage. It being his last fight and all. But believe it or not, that was going on two years ago.

Before his fight with Berto, he released a lot of sparring footage. It being his last fight and all. But believe it or not, that was going on two years ago.

Thank you!

See, I know it's been a minute. I just wanna know if Mayweather has slowed down or any proof of where he's at. . . The latest vids were years ago & his sparring partners seem like they're "star-struck".

This is a legit question thats not being asked.

Im pretty sure the fight will end like this, fook boxing
mcgregorfrontkick.gif

I don't watch boxing, so I am not gonna watch sparring vids.

Hell I won't even watch Conor vs Floyd if it happens. Will gladly contribute to the hilarity on Sherdog after Conor gets embarassed though.

I don't watch boxing, so I am not gonna watch sparring vids.

Hell I won't even watch Conor vs Floyd if it happens. Will gladly contribute to the hilarity on Sherdog after Conor gets embarassed though.
I'm w/ you. But I got a hunch that Mayweather is slowing down & Conor has what the other competitors aren't carrying. . .

Not having that "star-struck" effect. Not having that hinder Conor, may stupidly give him an edge. Being able to deal w/ kicks, takedowns & different styles of stand-up may give Conor the confidence that other boxers lack.

Every fighter goes down hill, your De La Hoya's, Tyson's, Roy Jones Jr, Ali's, etc. Once I see a new Mayweather vid - I'm neutral but leaning towards Mayweather in boxing.

I'm w/ you. But I got a hunch that Mayweather is slowing down & Conor has what the other competitors aren't carrying. . .

Not having that "star-struck" effect. Not having that hinder Conor, may stupidly give him an edge. Being able to deal w/ kicks, takedowns & different styles of stand-up may give Conor the confidence that other boxers lack.

Every fighter goes down hill, your De La Hoya's, Tyson's, Roy Jones Jr, Ali's, etc. Once I see a new Mayweather vid - I'm neutral but leaning towards Mayweather in boxing.

You don't know much about Floyd do you. Floyd is VERY strict about not showing any sparing footage to the public. He released some after the Berto fight because he thought it was his last fight. IF Floyd does come back, there is no fucking chance you see his sparing videos till AFTER the fight

And yeah Floyd is slowing down. Doesn't change that he is still a million times more skilled then Conor. Slowing down wont change that. Berto would kick Conors ass in a boxing match, never mind Floyd

I read your post, but then I saw that AV and forgot what this thread was about.

I got 2 former teammates who are now on the money team... and for floyds last couple of fights he was definitely sparring

Just because it wasn't on video doesn't mean it didn't happen

You don't know much about Floyd do you. Floyd is VERY strict about not showing any sparing footage to the public. He released some after the Berto fight because he thought it was his last fight. IF Floyd does come back, there is no fucking chance you see his sparing videos till AFTER the fight

And yeah Floyd is slowing down. Doesn't change that he is still a million times more skilled then Conor. Slowing down wont change that. Berto would kick Conors ass in a boxing match, never mind Floyd
As a very long time MMA fan - I've seen my fair share of fighters hitting a point in age & falling ungracefully in face of the odds that "it could never happen".

I hope that I'm wrong but it's always the young & dumb that pull it off. Fuck, if that shithead pulls it off, sherdog will NEVER hear the end of it. So yes, I have an interest in if Mayweather is still performing the same.

I got 2 former teammates who are now on the money team... and for floyds last couple of fights he was definitely sparring

Just because it wasn't on video doesn't mean it didn't happen
I got you!

Only thing that many have seen is his vacationing & years off from boxing. No one would believe that A. Silva would go downhill in that manner but here we are & he's now trying to rebuild. . .

As a very long time MMA fan - I've seen my fair share of fighters hitting a point in age & falling ungracefully in face of the odds that "it could never happen".

I hope that I'm wrong but it's always the young & dumb that pull it off. Fuck, if that shithead pulls it off, sherdog will NEVER hear the end of it. So yes, I have an interest in if Mayweather is still performing the same.

Put it this way. Who do you think would win in an MMA fight. Matt Hughes or Gennady Golovkin? Obviously Matt Hughes would win because even though he is washed up he would be fighting a guy who is not a top MMA fighter. Its the same thing with Boxing. Sure Floyd may be washed up and get KOd by guys like Canelo or Kieth Thurman, but he is still CRUSHING a low level (by Boxing standards) guy like Conor

Come on man use your head. Amyone with any basic understanding of Boxing could see that Conor isn't beating Floyd no matter if Floyd is washed up or not

I got you!

Only thing that many have seen is his vacationing & years off from boxing. No one would believe that A. Silva would go downhill in that manner but here we are & he's now trying to rebuild. . .

Anderson Silva would still WREAK a non MMA fighter in MMA though

And Floyds work ethic is second to none so i wouldn't be worried about that. Also Freddie Roach said Floyd came by to use his gym so we know Floyd is training

Put it this way. Who do you think would win in an MMA fight. Matt Hughes or Gennady Golovkin? Obviously Matt Hughes would win because even though he is washed up he would be fighting a guy who is not a top MMA fighter. Its the same thing with Boxing. Sure Floyd may be washed up and get KOd by guys like Canelo or Kieth Thurman, but he is still CRUSHING a low level (by Boxing standards) guy like Conor

Come on man use your head. Amyone with any basic understanding of Boxing could see that Conor isn't beating Floyd no matter if Floyd is washed up or not
It's not a matter of using my head, more so of using statistics of seeing the once "untouchable" get disgraced by the likes of non-contenders. Simple example: Sonnen vs. A. Silva. Who would've saw that coming? Or B. Douglas vs. Tyson.

MMA trains in multiple disciplines. Unlike boxing. And that's the "Wild Card" factor.

It's not a matter of using my head, more so of using statistics of seeing the once "untouchable" get disgraced by the likes of non-contenders. Simple example: Sonnen vs. A. Silva. Who would've saw that coming? Or B. Douglas vs. Tyson.

MMA trains in multiple disciplines. Unlike boxing. And that's the "Wild Card" factor.

You are listing examples of a top MMA fighter almost beating a top MMA fighter and a top Boxer upsetting a top Boxer. How the fuck is it even remotely the same thing? Are you just trolling me?

And yes MMA trains Boxing, but anyone with any basic knowledge of Boxing can tell you Conor isn't a top 50 (maybe 100) WW in the boxing world. Floyd would need a MUCH bigger drop off then Anderson or Tyson had for Conor to even make the fight remotely competitive. MMA fighters just don't train enough Boxing to ever compete with top Boxers in Boxing. The talent pool is just way to deep. To make it at the top in Boxing you pretty much have to have been trained since you were a young child. Nothing we have seen from Conor suggests he is anything but a bum in the boxing world

And no offense, but you kinda already proved you "don't know shit about Boxing" when you asked if we have seen recent Floyd sparring footage. Anyone who follows Boxing knows Floyd doesn't show his sparing footage

You are listing examples of a top MMA fighter almost beating a top MMA fighter and a top Boxer upsetting a top Boxer. How the fuck is it even remotely the same thing? Are you just trolling me?

And yes MMA trains Boxing, but anyone with any basic knowledge of Boxing can tell you Conor isn't a top 50 (maybe 100) WW in the boxing world. Floyd would need a MUCH bigger drop off then Anderson or Tyson had for Conor to even make the fight remotely competitive. MMA fighters just don't train enough Boxing to ever compete with top Boxers in Boxing. The talent pool is just way to deep. To make it at the top in Boxing you pretty much have to have been trained since you were a young child. Nothing we have seen from Conor suggests he is anything but a bum in the boxing world

And no offense, but you kinda already proved you "don't know shit about Boxing" when you asked if we have seen recent Floyd sparring footage. Anyone who follows Boxing knows Floyd doesn't show his sparing footage
You're right, Boxing bores the FUCK out of me!

Doesn't mean that I have to be clueless. MMA has more aspects of the fight game then boxing. FACT.

With that said, it's the confidence that conor brings. Let's reverse this & say Mayweather was this all-around great MMA star wanting to transition into boxing. How would your confidence be?

- Cyborg held her own against #1 Women's muay thai match.
- Now asking for #1 Women's boxing match - on same card as Mayweather/McGregor.
- J.Jones beat Hendo in an out-of-competition BJJ match.

You're right, Boxing bores the FUCK out of me!

Doesn't mean that I have to be clueless. MMA has more aspects of the fight game then boxing. FACT.

With that said, it's the confidence that conor brings. Let's reverse this & say Mayweather was this all-around great MMA star wanting to transition into boxing. How would your confidence be?

- Cyborg held her own against #1 Women's muay thai match.
- Now asking for #1 Women's boxing match - on same card as Mayweather/McGregor.
- J.Jones beat Hendo in an out-of-competition BJJ match.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with what we are talking about and shows your bias. But you don't watch Boxing so you really don't know or understand just how MASSIVE the skill difference is between a top MMA fighters Boxing and a top Boxers Boxing. Fuck, Nate would probably beat Conor in a pure Boxing match

And you really are an idiot if you think Conor has any confidence that he can win. He isn't as stupid as his fans and knows he is low level boxing at a pro level. He is wanting to Box Floyd for a PAYCHECK, not because he has any delusions that he will win.

Biggest difference between MMA fighters competing in muay thai and BJJ is the Boxing talent pool is about a million times deeper. Seriously man, start using your fucking head lol

Back