The Best Striker in MMA vs. The Most Decorated Wrestler in MMA - The Rematch

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
IMG_0050.PNG

Such an awesome clash of styles here and at the highest level of the sport too. There ought to be no surprises in this one, either Rumble pits him to sleep or DC grinds his way to a win like last time. Who you got and who you rooting for?

Cant wait for this rematch. Cormier said he'll stand and bang this time. Mistake or Genius!!!

Mousasi vs Weidman

16143166_1645757405440038_5562412215298827034_n.jpg

I don't think the description of the fighters are true. I thought Yoel had much better credentials and rumble has no striking background.

Shit description. Rumble isn't even close to the best striker. Cormier isn't the best MMA wrestler either.

Isn't Romero the most decorated Wrestler in MMA? I think DC is behind Romero and Cejudo.

Rumble might have the most power in mma but definitely not the best striker. I'm a huge Rumble fan though and I hope he beats the shit out of Cormier

Shit description. Rumble isn't even close to the best striker. Cormier isn't the best MMA wrestler either.

In another sport, true. In mma, name 4 fighters you think would beat him standing.

Keep in mind, best /=/ most skilled. He is easily the most feared, most dangerous at LHW. a few at HW might be favored but it's very questionable if any could beat him the majority of the time if the fight never hits the mat

I don't think the description of the fighters are true. I thought Yoel had much better credentials and rumble has no striking background.

Rumble might have the most power in mma but definitely not the best striker. I'm a huge Rumble fan though and I hope he beats the shit out of Cormier
I'm not the TS but to me best means most effective, Rumble has not been outstruck since moving up to LHW and has better wins than other people who haven't been outstruck.

"Most technical" does not mean best because a 60 yo man could be more technically perfect than any active pro fighter, but would get killed by the 25-35 yo prime fighters.

Last edited:
In another sport, true. In mma, name 4 fighters you think would beat him standing

If you are talking LHW today, he is top 4. If LHW all time - Prime Hendo, Wand, Chuck, Jones, Anderson, Vitor, Shogun, Machida, Rampage all beat him standing.

Keep in mind, best /=/ most skilled.
This and also judging who is more "skilled" is never really objective, judging who is best based on results is at least somewhat more evidence based.

In MMA today, Vitor already beat him standing, Stipe, JDS, Overeem, Jones, Hunt, Ngannou.

If you are talking LHW today, he is top 4. If LHW all time - Prime Hendo, Wand, Chuck, Jones, Anderson, Vitor, Shogun, Machida, Rampage all beat him standing.

LOL. OK I my part of this conversation is done. Hope you are enjoying your high Friday.
<41><GinJuice>

I'm not the TS but to me best means most effective, Rumble has not been outstruck since moving up to LHW and has better wins than other people who haven't been outstruck.

"Most technical" does not mean best because a 60 yo man could be more technically perfect than any active pro fighter, but would get killed by the 25-35 yo prime fighters.
i get where you're coming from. I had a similar position years ago arguing prime Crocop vs Anderson. While Crocop didn't have the toolbox Anderson had. I argued his straight and hk were more effective. I believe they both had 21ko/tko wins at the time.

Some forget Rumble is a wrestler as well. If he shows up to go 5 rounds wherever the fight goes he will win. Cormier is only getting older and slower.

Some forget Rumble is a wrestler as well. If he shows up to go 5 rounds wherever the fight goes he will win. Cormier is only getting older and slower.
He has only shown up to go five rounds one time, against Davis.

is win-win. rumble wins or he moves to heavyweight

Back