Tribute to one of the most consistently entertaining martial artist alive

Welter weight was so much better when he was champ.

The guy is a legend and pioneer!!! Get that belt back!!!

l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

Never been a fan of the guy because I didn't see what other people saw in him. Sure he had very exciting moments, but the majority of his title fights were him coasting and then stealing rounds with a 15 second flurry.

That said, I'd rather him still be champ than Woodley.

Never been a fan of the guy because I didn't see what other people saw in him. Sure he had very exciting moments, but the majority of his title fights were him coasting and then stealing rounds with a 15 second flurry.

That said, I'd rather him still be champ than Woodley.
You obviously never paid attention while watching Lawler compete.

giphy.gif

Ask @The Great Macsby

He'll tell you. Lawler coasts man and only fights for like 15 seconds a round. He saves it all for a big round 5. His title fights were lots of coasting with little bursts here and there.
ask macsby.png

Yep. Classic Lawler. Go back and watch his fights against Hendricks and you see Lawler coasting. I was wondering why the corner weren't slapping him around during the rounds to snap him out of the funk.

He did the same thing against Condit and Rory in the middle rounds (In the Condit fight he plodded). Then in the last round he opens up and everyone acts like he's some zombie with a new ending gas tank. Typical of people to have the attention span and memory of a goldfish. WTF was he doing coasting in the middle rounds? It is exactly why he had close fights with Rigg, should have lost to Condit, and was lucky Rory's nose fell off in the 5th.

Back