Will Bellator surpass the UFC?

yeguiza

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Poeple believed PRIDE would never die....

Shit happens...

- new ownership
- fighters looking for big money
- reebok deal
- paper belts
- boring champions
- relying 90% on condor fanbase (and hatebase)

meanwhile bellator:

- takes all UFC good leftovers (rory, mr wonderful, etc)
- signs fedor, king mo, and other legends
- no reebook deal
- real belts
- good cards

INB4 UFC is dying

Shit happens...

- new ownership
- reebok deal
- paper belts
- boring champions

meanwhile bellator:

- no reebook deal
- real belts
- good cards

INB4 UFC is dying

Legends like King Mo????

Real belts? Have you seen the HW situation?

I hope this was a joke post

no joke

you think UFC will be the biggest MMA org forever?

I never said that, but certainly for the forseeable future
It is not even close

But tell me more about Bellator's real belts (Heavyweight) & King Mo as a legend

Legends like King Mo????

Well said. Bellator managed to lose 2 undefeated HW prospects/champs in 5 years.

Well said. Bellator managed to lose 2 undefeated HW prospects/champs in 5 years.

I like Bellator but these threads are just silly.
Then to bring up "belts" after Bellator doesn't even have one at HW is amazing.

People need to grasp that Bellator is not something Viacom is heavily invested in.
They are cheap programming on TV's 2 slowest nights of the week.
That is it.
They are not going to invest & commit to try & compete with UFC.

Last edited:
hard to say.

While Bellator has Viacom to back up financially, the roster is not that huge compared to the UFC and they need to solidify the divisions and fan base. But right now they are focusing on freak shows to get money and to make Bellator bigger. Give them time and they will be really competitive against uncle dana but regarding the UFC It's too soon to say it will fold or something.

But this year so far is getting bad for uncle dana without the big names to draw casuals while forgetting the loyal fanbase it is not a good way to make money; if things goes like this maybe the UFC will struggle but that won't happen soon.

Legends like King Mo????

MW's pretty bad too.

Plenty of undeserved title shots given, especially the last few years.

Heck their current LW "champ" went on a 3 fight losing streak to LW champs Bellator released.

R

Shit happens...

- new ownership
- reebok deal
- paper belts
- boring champions

meanwhile bellator:

- no reebook deal
- real belts
- good cards

INB4 UFC is dying
Real belts ? Their LW champ lost to the guy that McGregor just beat the living shit out of and their LHW champ was a UFC gatekeeper

I like Bellator but these threads are just silly.
Then toi bring up "belts" after Bellator doesn't even have one at HW is amazing.

People need to grasp that Bellator is not something Viacom is heavily invested in.
They are cheap programming on TV's 2 slowest nights of the week.
That is it.
They are not going to invest & commit to try & compete with UFC.
It was pretty sad seeing Cole Konrad retiring out of frustrations. The man couldn't even get a decent opponent.
Minakov had to fight bums oversees to make ends meet.
Tried to delay both Alvarez's and Minakov's signing with UFC, took precious off their prime.
Cut Ben Askren, Atitila Vegh, gave Benson two undeserved titleshots. And Dada-Kimbo, Shamrock-Gracie main events.

It could but it won't be natural. It would be related to some fallout in relation to a fighters union. Unlikely but possible.

Being able to produce a card that's in the vicinity of the UFC, twice a year, is a loooooooong way off "surpassing".

You know I think Conor is a huge part of the UFC now that Rhonda is gone protesting pipelines.

Strange thing is I think Werdum could be a huge star if they marketed him correctly.... I know he's old but he has "that" thing about him. Just give him more exposure.

Anyways, Bisping is on his way out, GSP only has 1.5 years in the game...

UFC desperately needs new guys but Conor could carry them for the next 3 years. People say the Diaz brothers draw but I'd disagree. I find them repellant. Worst thing for the UFC would be Nate Diaz beating Conor.

They just need to shelve him permanently. Conor is their money ticket.

I actually think the UFC should sign Ben Askren. He could liven the WW division up for a few years, good trash talk, steroids hasn't destroyed his body so he's good post USADA....

They have a long way to go to catch up before we can talk about them surpassing the UFC. But they are starting to make big strides. They are picking up a good amount of top 10 guys which gives them more credibility.
We just don't know how many guys the UFC is going to let go to cut costs but it seems like good news for Bellator.

Hell, signing Fedor is a poor sign for them to begin with. Has an American company ever signed him and survived?

Back