How ironic would it be if McGregor actually has a boxing match and then UFC is sued for Ali Act

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
non-compliance. is it possible that the UFC wants to put conor into boxing because of the revenue it generates but legally cannot because of the structure of the muhammed ali act?

17457320_10208801251810121_3154360191826317107_n.jpg

non-compliance. is it possible that the UFC wants to put conor into boxing because of the revenue it generates but legally cannot because of the structure of the muhammed ali act?
Go ahead and tell me the last time the Ali-act was actually enforced...who is enforcing it again?

I don't know.

But, I suggest we ask @Jackonfire.

His opinion is the only one that matters. That's pretty easy to do when you refuse to confront a person. Just spew your shit, with no redress. Coward.

I don't know.

But, I suggest we ask @Jackonfire.

His opinion is the only one that matters. That's pretty easy to do when you refuse to confront a person. Just spew your shit, with no redress. Coward.
I advise that you take it down a notch.

Go ahead and tell me the last time the Ali-act was actually enforced...who is enforcing it again?

It is a toothless law with no set penalties for violating the Ali Act but ...

The government's athletic commissions do enforce the act. The reason it seems to not be enforced is because 99.9% of boxing promoters are fully complying with it. There is still money to be made at 10% cut for the promoter. There is no shortage of boxing promoters. So a promoter will get 10% of the profits from Mayweather vs McGregor. The UFC will get 50% of Conor's purse as basically an additional and redundant management fee imposed on Conor. It's not inconceivable the UFC makes more from this fight than the actual promoter does.

I'm with the OP ... this could open up a can of worms for the UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back