Should the UFC get 50% of Mcgregor's Purse if He Boxes Mayweather?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...yweather-ufc-50-percent-purse-boxing-mma-news

Supposedley that's what will be the asking price by the UFC allowing Mcgregor to box Floyd Mayweather. Do you Sherdoggers think that's a fair price to ask by the UFC to Mcgregor and his team? Personally I don't care whether Mcgregor boxes Floyd or not, but I think it's a fair price that the UFC is asking considering Mcgregor is their property and their top star and most likely will leave mma once he gets his payday.

I don't think so. Contracts aren't supposed to be as restrictive as people like to think. If Conor wants to fight MMA again, of course the UFC should have his rights for that. But anything else? I don't think so. He's earned his career and built his value. He did it on the UFC platform, but they have more than made their money off his fights. He owes them nothing except MMA fights if he wants to continue fighting.

I think 50/50 is a fair split if that is the deal on all of Conor's future UFC fights also. If not then fook no!

lol, they should absolutely get more, considering they would be making an exception in a contract to allow this to happen. 50/50 is a gift to Conor.

lol Absolutely not. 25-30% sounds about fair.

He's held up 2 different divisions and caused a cluster fuck amongst the rankings and who should be getting the next title shots. The UFC probably lost a lot of money since Mcgregor got impregnated by Artem. This is a way to capitalize on lost revenue. Half his shit is generous by the UFC.

It's a shitty deal for Conor. His UFC contract shouldn't keep him from promoting in a different sport.

lol, they should absolutely get more, considering they would be making an exception in a contract to allow this to happen. 50/50 is a gift to Conor.

Agreed. 50% ia more than generous, I would demand for at least 70%.

I don't think so. Contracts aren't supposed to be as restrictive as people like to think. If Conor wants to fight MMA again, of course the UFC should have his rights for that. But anything else? I don't think so. He's earned his career and built his value. He did it on the UFC platform, but they have more than made their money off his fights. He owes them nothing except MMA fights if he wants to continue fighting.

Let me guess you think conor would be as big of a star if he was in bellator or a different promotion?

Do you think conors stock in mma will still be as valuable if he gets exposed badly against floyd?

Dana - so I said I'd never stand in the way of conor making that sort of money
Lorenzo - lol then what did you say?

Conor isn't giving Floyd fuck all. He is building his name off of Floyd and leaving him dry.

Yea, good point. Floyd will be forgotten and penniless after this fight.

giphy.gif

He's held up 2 different divisions and caused a cluster fuck amongst the rankings and who should be getting the next title shots. The UFC probably lost a lot of money since Mcgregor got impregnated by Artem. This is a way to capitalize on lost revenue. Half his shit is generous by the UFC.
But the money he's made them dwarfs what he's theoretically lost them.
The UFC also knew what they were getting themselves into by giving Conor the LW title shot at UFC 205, they knew he wasn't gonna be fighting for a while, "the big announcement" Dana will let Conor make...Remember?

I wonder how many fights Conor has left on his contract. If it's not too many, maybe he should finish his contract and then fight Floyd without such bullshit, plus Floyd would be even older then.

Those divisions wouldn't have drawn any extra money with titles on the line; Not enough to probably matter anyway.

Frank McEdgar, there's nothing to read into. You're literally saying Conor will leave Floyd dry. Which is quintessentially inane and insane.

But the money he's made them dwarfs what he's theoretically lost them.
The UFC also knew what they were getting themselves into by giving Conor the LW title shot at UFC 205, they knew he wasn't gonna be fighting for a while, "the big announcement" Dana will let Conor make...Remember?

What he's made them in the past has no bearing on the lost revenue that they failed to generate since he's been hiatus and the resulting log jam at LW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back