How will Jose Aldo be remembered?

Gearc10

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With the yearlong grilling followed by the 13 second starching now a part of MMA folklore, I’m curious how the MAJORITY of people will remember Jose Aldo.

As he was clearly no match for Conor and Max went the distance with Conor, it looks like he’s going to get beat up bad by Max in his next fight so, it’s safe to say this is probably his farewell fight as well.

What most casuals forget is that once upon a time Jose was actually a good fighter (even if that was a long time ago and there was only a handful of fighters on the planet) so my serious question is –

WILL MORE PEOPLE REMEMBER HIM FOR GETTING STARCHED IN 13 SECONDS BY CONNOR MCGREGOR OR WILL THERE BE A BIGGER % OF PEOPLE WHO REMEMBER HIM FOR BEING A CHAMPION BEFORE CONOR KILLED HIM?

If we look at the maths of both fighters PPV then I think the answer is clear. Jose Aldo is the worst PPV drawing champion in the history of the UFC and Conor McGregor is the biggest Drawing Champion in the history of the sport and the difference is so staggering that I won’t embarrass Jose more by listing them.

There you have it folks – Jose Aldo will be forever remembered by more people for being knocked out like a dead cold fish instead of being a champion before that. FACT

Edit - Please answer the question

Last edited:
Real MMA fans: Aldo was a great fighter and long-reigning champion.
Conor hipsters: 13 seconds!!!! LEL! Head kleen off!! Fifty G's baybay!!!!!11!!!~~

He should be remembered as a top 5 GOAT but unfortunately the tsunami of casuals who got into MMA because of Conor will only remember that one punch KO

As a tape to study by guys that want to stop getting taken down.

Over and over.

This alone seems like pretty good legacy.

As the man who never got his rematch.

the first thing most people remember about Chris Webber is when he called a timeout he didn't have in the NCAA championship game

they'll remember his long career too, but the 13 second KO will probably always come up first

Unless he does something spectacular like earning a rematch with McGregor and beating him for his Lightweight Title, then he'll sadly be remembered by most of the public for getting knocked out in thirteen seconds.

Jose Aldo will be remembered as the GOAT especially after a few more title defenses or if he wins the LW gold. He already has 9 title defenses and he is still in his prime at 30 years old. Aldo is the most skilled and well rounded fighter in MMA history.

As the unarguable FW GOAT, at least by the people who matter.

Jose Aldo will be remembered as the GOAT especially after a few more title defenses or if he wins the LW gold. He already has 9 title defenses and he is still in his prime at 30 years old. Aldo is the most skilled and well rounded fighter in MMA history.

There's no such thing as " the most skilled " or " most well rounded" fighter in MMA history. He is an all time great though, as it stands now I have him 5th on the all time list. This being said, I think Holloway has his number.

As the only man to ever be KO'd by a ref in the UFC?

A long time great champion who could not handle Conor's mental games.

unfortunately:
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

FW GOAT so far, judged by amount of title defences and level of competition.

Back