Conor is a terrible match up for Tony Ferguson

SocialJusticeFighter

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
T Ferg just doesn't match up well against Conor guys. He got lit up on the feet and almost finished by Lando freaking Vannata. If Lando did that to him think what Conor with his even better and more precise striking will do. Conor has cut out the spinning stuff that Lando does out of his game and is now just a pure technical beast. He will light Ferguson up on the feat.

Yes FERGIE has some sick submissions but CONORS takedown defense is next level. It has evolved so much and will only continue to get better. I honestly can't see T Ferg beating Conor McGregor. This is a fight where money can be made. Bet Conor

I think Conor beats Tony pretty easily if it stays on the feet. I can see Tony's machismo take over and want to stand and bang. It would be a bad decision. Still, if he can ground Conor and make him work off his back, Conor will have his work cut out for him.

Last edited:
Can't wait for fools to embarrass themselves by trying to dispute this.
When has Conor's takedown defense been tested in recent time? Please don't tell me Diaz vs McGregor II. Diaz isn't known as a takedown artist. In your heart of hearts, do you honestly believe that if someone like Khabib got his hands on Conor, Conor would be able to defend his takedown attempt?

I would favor Conor over any LW or FW in MMA right now, but by the least amount over El Cucuy. Personally, I see Ferguson as Conor's worst matchup and definitely a major threat to his reign.

77'' reach, creative striking, sick BJJ, ridiculous gas tank. Cucuy has a lot of ways to win this fight.

it's mcgregor's easiest fight, but he isn't a name so there's no point in fighting him

T Ferg just doesn't match up well against Conor guys. He got lit up on the feet and almost finished by Lando freaking Vannata. If Lando did that to him think what Conor with his even better and more precise striking will do. Conor has cut out the spinning stuff that Lando does out of his game and is now just a pure technical beast. He will light Ferguson up on the feat.

Yes FERGIE has some sick submissions but CONORS takedown defense is next level. It has evolved so much and will only continue to get better. I honestly can't see T Ferg beating Conor McGregor. This is a fight where money can be made. Bet Conor

So, Conor stuffs all of a rocked Alvarez's takedowns and now Conor's TDD is next level? Oh, Lord!

When has Conor's takedown defense been tested in recent time? Please don't tell me Diaz vs McGregor II. Diaz isn't known as a takedown artist. In your heart of hearts, do you honestly believe that if someone like Khabib got his hands on Conor, Conor would be able to defend his takedown attempt?
Chad Mendes and i wouldn't even put Chad in the realm of say a Nurmagomedov or Askren type.

That being said i think this is one of the best match ups. I really enjoy watching both fighters and could see it go either way truth be told. I have no interest in Conor vs. Floyd or Conor doing anything outside of the UFC.

Ferguson's chin has held up pretty well so far.... He gets hit quite a lot though.

I could see him getting Conor down- he is very different than other fighters in the way he attacks, a very diverse and unpredictable array of strikes using different angles... Maybe he catches Conor the right way and pulls him down into slapdown cracktown city or whatever he calls it, maybe he doesn't.

I like both fighters, either could win but I'd give Conor an edge by about 65/36.

Ferg is basically a Diaz brother with high level wrestling who actually checks kicks and throws them. After his 5 round fight with RDA at altitude I'm willing to say he has better cardio too, also fights at a higher pace than either Nick or Nate have in years. He has a longer reach than Nate and hits way harder than either brother relative to his weight class. I think if you were to make the worst matchup for Conor in a UFC game character creator he'd look a lot like Tony. Conor will retire from MMA before fighting him or Khabib though so it's a moot point anyway.

I think Conor has a chance in that fight but his takedown defense is nowhere near next level. That's a joke.

Tony's best weapon would be his pace and his conditioning. I think Conor would win, but 25 minutes with Ferguson probably feels like an hour against most other LW's due to his pressure.

Conor's TD defense is Shit. end of story.....

lol @ more than half an hour of recent Conor vs Diaz fight footage existing and someone seriously watching that and then rationalizing that Conor/Ferguson is a cakewalk for Conor. You guys take anti-reality to a whole new level.

Back