If Overeem had Roy Nelson chin...would have become a UFC champion?

With Big Country buffets chin, Reem would been GOAT.

If Overeem had an iron chin he would fight more like he used to, during UBEREEM era.

Yes he would be champ and have multiple defenses by now.

Do you guys think Overeem has heard the terms; "Ubereem" and "Econoreem"? I'd like to see his response to that.

As much as this is chin thing, I think Roy had some legit survival instincts/drilled motions in him.

Everytime he takes some really big punch, he rolls with it at least a bit, tucks his chin in those layers of fat etc.

When he is caught without this, he still goes down (Arlovski/Hunt).

Overeem seems to be naturally lacking those and it cannot be helped, as if it's in his genes.

Everytime deadly strikes come his way, he's just frozen, like a poor hare in headlights of a truck.

Stipe.

Bigfoot

Shogun x2

And so on.

I still think that stipe would have smashed him.

how? Overeem put Stipe on queer street and fought super timid because he's afraid of being hit because of his chin. Those shots that put him out on the ground were not that heavy. If Reem had the confidence of a strong chin he would destroy the entire division.

Last edited:
if nelson was on steroids,black and 6 inches taller would he be champ?

This knocks out Roy also

ibh1ddGucNiJLv_medium.gif

As much as this is chin thing, I think Roy had some legit survival instincts/drilled motions in him.

Everytime he takes some really big punch, he rolls with it at least a bit, tucks his chin in those layers of fat etc.

When he is caught without this, he still goes down (Arlovski/Hunt).

AmusedScaryBasil.gif

He took that flush and didn't even drop, it can't be taught or drilled. It's just like BJ Penn who gave-up and took a beating in several fights, and yet only got dropped for the first time against Yair.

I still think Overeem could be champ, i don't think it's too outlandish to assume as much.

Heavyweight is a crazy division anything can happen at any time.

He would have been GOAT with an iron chin

I honestly don't even think his chin is that bad. He just reacts poorly once he does get hit hard. Seems to give up pretty quickly.

Hell yes, Overeem with Roy Nelsons chin would be unstoppable, he would probably have a MMA record now of like 70-0 or something. Its very rare that Overeem loses by decision or gets submitted, its always a KO/TKO loss. He tends to shell up when he gets hit.

Some of Overeem's flaws was chin, some of it was inability to deal with adversity. I don't know if having a chin makes the ability to overcome adversity any easier. We saw that Brock had a great chin, but he ran for his life Overeem style whenever in trouble.

Back