How are the new owners feeling now?

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
2017 revenues way lower than prior years, biggest stars all inactive, and nothing big lined up. $4 billion? What would you do if you just paid that price for this business?

Freakshow fights.

I would be shitting my pants. Should have bought an NFL team like the fictional Ari wanted to do.

Last edited:
What would you do if you just paid that price for this business?
chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Dont they have to pay like 200 million a year in just interest for around a $2 billion loan?

And wasn't last year the ufc's best year with only around $600 million in revenue, a big part due to having Brock, Ronda, and Conor, who all 3 may never fight again?
<{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}>

Last edited:
Ive been following the sport so nothing surprising has happened. Hopefully WME-IMG did the same so theyre cool with this.

That said, theyve let go of larkin bader horiguchi and more so fuck them

Dont they have to pay like 200 million a year in just interest for around a $2 billion loan?

And wasn't last year the ufc's best year with only around $600 million in revenue, a big part due to having Brock, Ronda, and Conor, who all 3 may never fight again?
<{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}><{ByeHomer}>
They're gonna start missing paymentsand default and the ferteita's will take it back

lol wme are the dumbest business people around.they bought a company that they knew nothing about. They thought UFC would have 600 million per year revenue forever lol. They didn't know that casuals don't give a fuck about any other fighters except Brock, Conor and Ronda. The fertitas are fuckin geniuses that were somehow able to mastermind the biggest blindfolded robbery of all time.

2017 revenues way lower than prior years, biggest stars all inactive, and nothing big lined up. $4 billion? What would you do if you just paid that price for this business?

Any substantial data to back up your claim ? I'd take the word of an actual WME-IMG employee over yours.

@Rational Poster / @FrankieNYC is there any truth to what TS is claiming ?

Guys we haven't even seen their changes yet, not even 1 year has passed since the sale.

nothing lasts forever is what they should have known and the ufc's recent popularity was due to 2 fighters bringing in a lot of attention.
the problem with fighting is that anyone can lose and anyone can get injured. this is why i don't prefer what the ufc is doing right now by putting all their eggs in one basket and ignoring the "non-stars".
imo, the ufc has peaked and is going to be quiet for a while. if this ends up being the case and the buyers didn't think it through or know the product they were buying well... then i don't really feel sorry for them.

Well I'm sure they didn't expect to recoup 4 billion in a matter of months. They're probably hoping to score big with a new TV deal next year. But yes, the fact that there are so few big commercial draws in the UFC and the ones that are draws have a foot out the door should be worrying them a little.

Any substantial data to back up your claim ? I'd take the word of an actual WME-IMG employee over yours.

@Rational Poster / @FrankieNYC is there any truth to what TS is claiming ?

You try way too hard & your lack of comprehension is astounding.
I am on the record as saying UFC should pay more & actually started the thread with the info that they only pay 13% (in 2015) to fighters.

I'm betting, and hoping, that they all feel like shit. They've effectively ruined a pretty substantial part of the UFC's reputation, and in doing so also jeopardized the companys future.

Sure, big names drive the big PPV sales, but the interest in "normal" fights that are talent based have been an important factor as well.

At this rate Bellator might actually become a serious competitor, especially since they allow sponsors.

They're gonna start missing paymentsand default and the ferteita's will take it back
No. If they default, the creditors would receive the asset (i.e. the UFC), not the former owners. The Fertitta brothers were already paid, so they've got nothing to do with it now. They could, however, buy it back from the creditors if WME-IMG can't pay, since I doubt the creditor would want it. We'll see what happens.

Proud of their a-level 4 billion dollar sports franchise and are ready to give the athletes a pay raise that reflects that.

LMAO just joking.

Like they have too cut costs wherever they can.

Wouldn't surprise me if they weren't making their money back and sold for a lot lower than they bought for, and the Fertittas repurchased.

I literally created a new account to tell you that you're everything that's wrong with sherdog, when I used to come here 3 or 4 years ago there would actually be somewhat intelligent people actually discussing things that were worth being discussed.

Now Sherdog is polluted with casuals and/or children with an IQ of below 60.

Back