Kelvin Gastelum ‘thinking about getting the 170 belt’ despite 185 success

The WW belt certainly seems like the most vulnerable right now

I don't know man a rusty WW or Bisping will be MW champ.
Tougher road to the MW belt at least,
I think Woodley is probably better than Bisping, p4p - but Yoel, Jacare, Mousasi, Weidman, Rockhold are all championship level fighters that Kelvin has to think about.

At WW you have Woodley, who is vulnerable, Wonderboy, Maia and Masvidal. Kelvin could beat any of them I think.

Kevin like "Fuck, what if I beat Anderson and they put me with some top 5 MW? Better start planning my way back down."

maxresdefault.jpg

Make it happen
But 185 is where it is. Hey if he figures out how to hit those numbers great but you only get so many chances

What people refuse to believe is how weak the welterweight champion is compare to the middleweight champion. Everyone keeps on saying how vulnerable Bisping is but they don't realize or refuse to admit that Woodley is by far the weakest champion in UFC history.

What people refuse to believe is how weak the welterweight champion is compare to the middleweight champion. Everyone keeps on saying how vulnerable Bisping is but they don't realize or refuse to admit that Woodley is by far the weakest champion in UFC history.

How? Explosive, great wrestler, KO power...

The guy skipped weigh-ins cause he "didn't feel like it" and so far is being fed guys who were shot and kinda done years ago... That doesn't sound like exactly a "road to gold".

Wins over Ellenberger, Vitor, Kennedy, Hendricks, Marquardt. Decision losses to Magny and Woodley. His loss to Magny gives me some pause becaure Lorenz Larkin, who I like far better than Kelvin, outclassed Magny.

I'm impressed, but he needs a signature victory over a marquee name who is in their prime. Give him Dong Hyun Kim, Gunnar, or Carlos Condit (assuming he is still fighting). He beats one of them then he gets Wonderboy (what a stupid nick name for a guy in his thirties, dude should drop that pronto) or Lawlor.

He's a bad champ and certainly vulnerable... But weakest in UFC history? So worse than Carla esparza?

Kelvin will never hold a belt in the ufc.

170 is like that shitty ex he always wants to go back to. You have a new girl in your life and she is good to you, enjoy her.

He fucked his opportunities at 170
by missing huge fight with Cowboy ( which was really wiinable for him).

Plus, he is a young man growing.

He shouldn't be allowed to fight at 170,
we do not need another Khabib hospital case.

What the fuck is this guy's obsession with 170? Dude missed weight there several times, meanwhile he's stomping dudes out at 185.

Back