Which fighter lost the most by not being able to keep his string of victories?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Recently, a lot of hype trains have been derailed and pretty good strings came to an end.
Who lost the biggest opportunity to become rich, famous, respected and all that? Who had the brightest future ahead and got it taken away from them?

Joe Duffy?
Holly Holm?
Sage?
Alan Jouban?
Paige Van Zant?
Lando?
Cerrone?
Rockhold?
Mike Perry? (lol)

Im sure im missing a bunch of others.

*Khabib doesnt count because he didnt actually lose a fight... but sure deserves an honorable mention.
**Eddie Alvarez doesnt count because its too obvious

is4r9u.gif

Ronda :D

Rockhold took a hit.

Male model, physical specimen, extremely entertaining fighter, versatile finisher.

CM Punk lost so much when his undefeated streak ended. Everyone wanted to see his fights, now no one talks about him.

G-sot was like on a 7 or 8 fight winstreak at lightweight bavk when it was a shark tank then he ran into siver who was on a tear and never recovered.

Cub was, atleast it seemed to me, knocking out top contenders left and right, had a flashy style; got exposed and punked by edgar and then Holloway; will now never fight for the world title it seems

G-sot was like on a 7 or 8 fight winstreak at lightweight bavk when it was a shark tank then he ran into siver who was on a tear and never recovered.

Cub was, atleast it seemed to me, knocking out top contenders left and right, had a flashy style; got exposed and punked by edgar and then Holloway; will now never fight for the world title it seems

Cub has only lost to former or future UFC champions or UFC title challengers.

He is still a bad son of a gun, just needed the step down in comp like he has been getting.

I expect him to go on another tear, in fact he is in it IMO with a win over Artem thats 10-2 in his last 12. 2 losses coming from former 155lb champ and current 145lb champ. Not a shameful thing at all.

Ronda loss all of that Hollywood money and they pay extremely well.

Albert Tumenov. He's got plenty of time to make a comeback though. I can definitely see him coming back to the UFC eventually.

Paulo Filho was on a 16-0 streak, was considered the unheralded PRIDE WW Grand Prix champion, and was considered to be on the fast track to getting to the UFC and being the guy to take out Anderson Silva.

Then he got heavy into drugs and went crazy in the cage.

Mark Kerr has to be up there. He deteriorated so quickly after his first loss that he lost out on the sport's growth in North America altogether and has to sell cars. He was arguably the GOAT before his first loss.

Last edited:
Probably Conor to be honest.

He had a chance to truly transcend the promotion and become like his hero Floyd.

Instead he is still Dana's puppet thanks to that untimely ass whipping from Nate Diaz of all people.

I am a huge Conor fan but Nate really stole his soul.

Lombard came into the UFC on a massive streak, his cred took a big hit once he got there...

Back