Romero vs Mousasi

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thoughts on this match up.

I feel Yoel doesn't go for the take down as actively as Jacare and tries to test himself standing. Think Mousasi has a decent enough chance to outstrike him to a UD.

Looking for opinions. I dont really see any real killers in the MW division. Its all a battle of stylistic match ups.

would be a great power punch v shoulder roll contest.

but Mousasi has a different top 5 fighter to beat first.

romero would ko moose.

giphy.gif

Romero KO first round.

Could go either way if Romeo uses his usual style but if he tries to implement his wrestling more, Romeo likely wins 7/10 or better (and makes Gayguard his Juliet).

Mousasi in his current form and mindset will have more then a 50% chance atm against Romero imo

If Mousasi gets passed Weidman this is the title contender match to make. Think Romero will grind out a decision.

Romero rd3 KO

The thing with Romero and Jacare is that unfortunately at their ages they are never too far away from looking old and declining

Makes it worse that they both havent had their much deserved TS

Besides being explosive Romero is not what people make him to be. His defense is not good. He does not have good head movement and moves straight back instead of side to side. He will wait for the perfect opportunity like in weidmans fight, the problem him fighting mousasi is that mousasi won't give him that perfect opportunity.. mousasi will out box him . Mousasi has better head movement and boxing defense then everyone Romero has faced. I agree with most that Romero is a good wrestler,but I don't think Romero will able to take down him because mousasi can mess with his timing through boxing..

Anyone familiar with me on site knows I'm mousasi bias but I really believe unless Romero comes in with a flat out dead plan on taking Gegard to ground which he probably can,-,-,---I see Mousasi dominating on feet plus he has that iron jaw just in case he takes a vicious counter....
Don't get me wrong, Romero opens up favorite because of his ridiculous decorated wrestling background but not as big as some might think.

Post usada mousasi confidence is through the ceiling.....He gives zero fucks and he' ll fight Rumble, DC or even his "so called" friend Overeem.

I would favor Moose. Romero is very good but not very active (limited gas tank). The fight will look like Mousasi/Leites and I hope Romero won't do anything unusual in the 3rd round. :D

Moose UD. That's just how I see it.

Anyone familiar with me on site knows I'm mousasi bias but I really believe unless Romero comes in with a flat out dead plan on taking Gegard to ground which he probably can,-,-,---I see Mousasi dominating on feet plus he has that iron jaw just in case he takes a vicious counter....
Don't get me wrong, Romero opens up favorite because of his ridiculous decorated wrestling background but not as big as some might think.

Post usada mousasi confidence is through the ceiling.....He gives zero fucks and he' ll fight Rumble, DC or even his "so called" friend Overeem.
we're going to find out a lot about Mousasi's ground game soon.

we know he needed work after the Mo fight. and we know Jacare can both get him to the ground and wreck him on the ground (no big shocker).

i'm quite curious what happens in April.

I thought of this fight three years ago.

Have the same result then as I do now...

Mousasi via 2nd round TKO

Would be an amazing fight, would hope it would be a 5 rounder if made.

In a 3 round fight, I could see Romero taking a SD/UD, but in a 5 round fight I like Mousasi's chances much more, and a late round TKO/submission wouldn't surprise me at all. The longer the fight goes, the better chances Moose has.

Mousasi wins if you take away the needle

untitled-9j9swf.gif

Hmm... I think I've heard Mousasi say Romero is a bad matchup for him...
And he is totally right, Romero by whatever the fuck he wants.

I don't even want this fight to happen because Romero is my all time fav and Mousasi is a fellow dutchman so its difficult.

Besides being explosive Romero is not what people make him to be. His defense is not good. He does not have good head movement and moves straight back instead of side to side. He will wait for the perfect opportunity like in weidmans fight, the problem him fighting mousasi is that mousasi won't give him that perfect opportunity.. mousasi will out box him . Mousasi has better head movement and boxing defense then everyone Romero has faced. I agree with most that Romero is a good wrestler,but I don't think Romero will able to take down him because mousasi can mess with his timing through boxing..
Freakin lol

Back