I'm watching UFC 207

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I'm just enjoying Goldie's commentary so much. He really stepped it up in his last few events despite him being fired. I just love his passion and enthusiasm for the sport and the fighters. It was a great event with Ronda getting KOed (I'm a Ronda fan but it was a great moment in MMA) and also the CoGar fight. Man, what an event. I miss you so much Goldie.

ct-ronda-rousey-amanda-nunes-ufc-207-20161230

garbrandt_cruz-1040x572.jpg

i gotta admit, i never paid any attention. i know Rogan's voice, and since he's color commentator i remember his musings more (just like i remember Bill Walton more than Marv Albert), but Goldie just washed off my back like rain on a duck. i watched and focused on the bouts.

after reading these threads in the last few months, i think i'm rare...???

i gotta admit, i never paid any attention. i know Rogan's voice, and since he's color commentator i remember his musings more (just like i remember Bill Walton more than Marv Albert), but Goldie just washed off my back like rain on a duck. i watched and focused on the bouts.

after reading these threads in the last few months, i think i'm rare...???

Yes, you are rare. Go watch an old UFC event that Goldie commentated and you will know what I'm saying.

Yes, you are rare. Go watch an old UFC event that Goldie commentated and you will know what I'm saying.
son, i was watching old UFC's before you called this sport 'Ultimate Fighting'

I think it was Rogan, but when I heard "she gets lit up like a christmas tree" I was in laughter.

And I'm just enjoying Goldie's commentary so much. He really stepped it up in his last few events despite him being fired. I just love his passion and enthusiasm for the sport and the fighters. It was a great event with Ronda getting KOed (I'm a Ronda fan but it was a great moment in MMA) and also the CoGar fight. Man, what an event. I miss you so much Goldie.

I like Goldie and he will be a star at Bellator (hopefully) but if you know MMA he says a lot of dumb things and looks dumber when Rogan corrects him (even though some love that about him). I hate to admit it but I kinda like the guys that don't make as many errors

I like Goldie and he will be a star at Bellator (hopefully) but if you know MMA he says a lot of dumb things and looks dumber when Rogan corrects him (even though some love that about him). I hate to admit it but I kinda like the guys that don't make as many errors

Honestly his errors aren't that bad. I mean sure he has some here and there, but if you commentate for over 20 years there's bound to be some bad soundclips.

Honestly his errors aren't that bad. I mean sure he has some here and there, but if you commentate for over 20 years there's bound to be some bad soundclips.
It's amazing how little he knows after calling fights for that long. I've watched MMA for probably 10 or so years and know more

Sadly, Goldberg ain't coming back. Nobody the UFC let go is.

WME-IMG has too much debt, which is why Dana's sending people packing.

Goldie always got wayyyyy too much hate.

Miss the dude.

d8PbdxC.gif

Goldie = a legend

Irreplaceable and pure class and I'm being dead serious.

This

goldie is awesome. fuck the haters. and wme. he is a ufc treasure.

id like to know what him and rogan used to get paid per event. im sure they would have been raking in the monies.

People do not get how hard it would be to time advertisements with witty comebacks to Rogan's commentary all while following an event to the best of your ability. Not to mention using the enthusiasm and perfect pitches of your voice for hours. Anyone who does any job for decades and wants to say they never made mistakes is full of shit.

People do not get how hard it would be to time advertisements with witty comebacks to Rogan's commentary all while following an event to the best of your ability. Not to mention using the enthusiasm and perfect pitches of your voice for hours. Anyone who does any job for decades and wants to say they never made mistakes is full of shit.

Plus we are talking 12 fights per card
That is 7 hours of non stop talking.
it is so easy to make a screw up

I really didn't think about it in real time. I was focused on the fights. The Co-main really got me pumped. Then the ME was pure destruction.

I didn't think about Goldie.

I wasn't against getting rid of him. I wouldn't have. But, the owners made the move.

If he had been replaced with somebody better. I'm sure I'd have liked it. But, Anik ffs. That's not better. The new three headed monster sucks, too.

I still say they got rid of the wrong guy. They should have kept them together. But, if you're really going to axe somebody. Axe Rogan.

I'll have to watch it over. And pay attention to Goldie's perspective.

Back