Bellator finally being able to compete with UFC? STACKED PPV IN NY

Guile

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bellator is making some bold moves, especially with signing some serious talent as of late. On June 24th Bellator will hold a PPV in NY but will also have a free 4 fight main card (Bellator 180) on Spike. No Bellator 180 will not be on PPV, but the PPV portion will be called Bellator NYC. Bellator seems to really trying to compete with UFC, and while they may not be on UFCs level yet, they are getting closer. I'm expecting some spectacular fights this night with the following already announced:

Chael vs Wanderlei
Fedor vs Mitrione
Larkin vs Lima
Chandler vs Primus

And I'm expecting Bellator to also throw on Bader vs Davis II, Matt Hughes vs ? and Gallagher vs Pico, among other fights.
While some may complain that Bellator is nothing compared to UFC, this is just the beginning. WME-IMG really seems to be trying to save $ and allowing many top 10 fighters leave for other promotions. I can see many more contenders in the UFC leaving for Bellator in the near future. Is UFC slowly dying now? With stars like Ronda, Conor, Jones, Anderson nearly out of the picture to an extent, who's left? Sorry for the long rant but this card has be pumped up. I love UFC still but you can't help but appreciate Coker for improving Bellator drastically.

It thats true than really lol.
Seems it's Silva's turn to put a beating on that awsome true champion Chael.

Lol at Chael headlining over Fedor
Could easily argue that Wand and Chael are bigger stars than Fedor. This rivalry goes back years. Regardless, it doesn't matter who headlines, as both fights are on the card and both are 3 rounds.

Freak fights between has-beens.

Primus? Isn't that a metal band or something?
la+foto.jpg

Would love to see the following fighters on these cards: Dillon Danis, Joey Davis, Tyrell Fortune, Javy Ayala, Guillherme Bomba, Pat Curran, Melvin Guillard, Bobby Lashley, Chinzo Machida, Chidi Njokuani, Ed Ruth... Bellator really has the potential to make a spectacular card here..

The first 5 fighters listed are 3 very past their prime fighters and 2 UFC rejects.

Fairly resounding no here.

I like the card but I feel like Fedor vs. Mitrione or Lima vs. Larkin should headline. Let Chael vs. Wand be a feature fight or something.

Chael vs Wanderlei
Fedor vs Mitrione
Sorry but these fights are a joke. If they want to compete successfully, they need stars that aren't 35+ washed up UFC/PRIDE fighters

Sorry but these fights are a joke. If they want to compete successfully, they need stars that aren't 35+ washed up UFC/PRIDE fighters
Joke or not, you will watch. You can call those fighters jokes all you want but Chandler, Larkin and Lima are not jokes. There's still many fights to be announced.

How is that stacked? Looks like a fight night card.
If they throw on Davis vs Bader II (they're campaigning for it on the NY card) and Pico vs Gallagher (they also want on the card), then that is stacked. What good fights on paper has UFC had headline as of late?

i guess the TS has never seen a stacked card before

i guess the TS has never seen a stacked card before
We're talking about Bellator here man.. The B league.. As if the UFC have been putting on stacked cards this year. I mean 208 in NY was just a phenomenal card eh?

Back