Joseph Benavidez vs Ben Nguyen at UFC New Zealand (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Hmmm, okay. Weird fight but it'll probably be a fun one with both guys styles. Benavidez by TKO hopefully. His streak is nice but he hasn't had a finish in like 3 years. Getting one here should pretty much slot him in for his last shot to get that title from DJ.

Hoping Joe B gets wrecked after that disgusting Judges Gift of a decision against Cejudo. Joe B lost all 3 rounds and got a decision victory, horse crap. Just Bleed Gods will remember that.

Hoping Joe B gets wrecked after that disgusting Judges Gift of a decision against Cejudo. Joe B lost all 3 rounds and got a decision victory, horse crap. Just Bleed Gods will remember that.

Hateful.

Wasn't his fault. It's not like he could reject the decision. Those guys are number one and two in contender rankings, they will fight again and soon since the division is so thin.

Then people can quit complaining...

Benavidez should have this in the bag but a Ben 10 win would be awesome.

This should be a good one. Got Benavidez by finish.

I don't think Joe finishes this one. A 30-27, possibly 30-26.

And the circle continues. Benavidez knocks off another prospect, Cejudo does the same with Pettis, MM has another round of rematches lined up.

This is a huge step up for Ben 10, not the best of matchups in my opinion, the #1 and #13, but I guess this is a stay busy fight for Joe B. If Ben 10 somehow wins, that's gotta be an "upset of the year"-level win.

Stupid matchup, Ben is not ready for Megan's boyfriend yet

Cool!
Hope Ben pulls this of and make this division interesting.

I am no fan of Joe and he sounded pretty douchey on TUF but him or 2013 Dodson were the only ones that could beat MM.

Joe B has one more chance if he wins this. I think he just might be able to beat MM.

Nguyen is good but not that good.

OFFICIAL NEWS (source MMAJUNKIE news piece, top of page)
Also on this card, in the flyweight division (but I didn't feel it was worthy of its own thread)

John Moraga vs. Ashkan Mokhatarian

Moraga is more or less done, and close to being cut. He's fighting this 13-1 NZ based newcomer (who seems to be Russian/Dagestani by birth judging by his name). Ashkan seems to have a pretty padded record. Ive never seen him fight, though. But I'll go with Moraga.

Last edited:
Pulling for Ben 10, but Joe B. will probably win. Joe B is top 5.

Don't give a shit.

This is Lewis's night to earn himself a title shot, focus on that.

Back