Why I believe they´re gonna make Ferguson vs Barboza for the interim

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If they wanted to confirm Ferguson his TS at Conor they would have, cause there´s never been anyone in LW who deserved it more than he does. It´s all about business and they are thinking about protecting their golden goose and Ferguson really is a terrible match up for Conor.... specially if compared to Barboza. Take a look:

Ferguson: has incredible cardio, good wrestling, lethal ground game, a relentless pressure style, great chin and good reach. Terrible formula for Conor.

Barboza: has zero ground game to threaten Conor with, no wrestling, no pressure style, his defensive striking is suspicious AND so is his chin... he relies solely on his Muay Thai... seems like a much better suited opponent for Conor, doesn´t it?

Anyways, Conor will stay out until probably the end of this year and there's time to make this interim fight. They know Ferguson is a nightmare match up for Conor, so they expect full camp Barboza to take him out for them.

tumblr_ompbutkd3n1r7vh24o1_500.gif

Thoughts?

If they wanted to confirm Ferguson his TS at Conor they would have, cause there´s never been anyone in LW who deserved it more than he does.

or maybe they cant give him his title shot because conor isnt defending the belt anytime soon...

it's a decent championship bout if they strip Conor. which they should, within 24 hours of an official announcement of a boxing match. if no boxing match is scheduled by June, Ferg v Conor.

my guess is Conor tries to pull a Bisping and fight, say, Joe Duffy.

They already invested money in promoting khabib vs ferguson...I think they're going to announce a new date soon. As soon as negotians between mcnugget and floyd are final we will learn more i guess.
Might be for the real belt. None of this interim shit is needed.

or maybe they cant give him his title shot because conor isnt defending the belt anytime soon...
Woodley had only 4 or 5 straight wins when Dana White guaranteed his TS and said he could wait for Lawler. Why not Ferg? He´s done so much more....

Back