"UFC wants 50% of Conor's purse! If fight doesn't happen BLAME THE UFC!" Bob Arum

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score

Old man Arum telling it like it is

IDK if Bob has the correct revenue split that the UFC wants but there is no denying the UFC's predatory contracts and unfair revenue split they run their business on.

If Conor was a boxer, he'd make his entire

UFC contract ($100M / 8 fights) in 2-3 fights.

When Conor McGregor fights, Dana & the UFC

get paid more than Conor McGregor.

That's a problem. Free MMA.

Arum is a dick.
Dana is a dick.
Just let them bang and make everybody a profit

i'd ask for 50% too, UFC is in complete control if he fights mayweather or not, so either accept 0% or 50%. That's the whole point of contracts. It would be like NBA/Cavaliers allowing LeBron to go play in some other country for free.

That is fair.. usually they take 80% or more from the fighters. :D

50 percent? Are ufc gonna do 50 percent of the work? No. Ufc should get a cut sure, but 50 percent? Jesus. Thats a goat fucking. 20 to 25 percent is more than fair. Just Greed i guess.

The double spaced sentences are very confusing.

Who cares what Bob Arum says? The guy is mentally retarded.

Conor should only agree to the UFC getting 50% of his boxing purse if they give him 50% of Dana's shares in the UFC which would be 4.5% total.

It reminds me of that dave chappelle skit where dave becomes famous and everyone knows he signed a 50 million dollar deal. So everyone tries to extort money from him. Then when he tries to argue it, they show they have a gun. Lol. Like with with the IRS.

i'd ask for 50% too, UFC is in complete control if he fights mayweather or not, so either accept 0% or 50%. That's the whole point of contracts. It would be like NBA/Cavaliers allowing LeBron to go play in some other country for free.
If it wasn't basketball he could go whenever he wanted.

I would rather see Conor fight than box, so if the boxing match doesn't happen I guess I'll be thanking the UFC, not blaming them.

...Although if the UFC were to cost Conor a massive payday I don't know if he'd return to them and MMA.

UFC is not a boxing promoter and should get nothing. They promote and stage MMA fights - that's their business. They don't own people just because they signed a contract to fight MMA for them.

Last edited:
Sounds about right With ppv buys Conor can still make 120 million

Arum is a dick.
Dana is a dick.
Just let them bang and make everybody a profit

tenor.gif

Dana vs Arum co-main event. Book it.

No, no he can't. Most sports contracts won't even let you do stuff like skydiving, pick-up hoops, or skiing/snowboarding in the offseason.
He could retire and cavs hold his rights in the NBA. Like Jordan playing baseball.

Back