Jury really fell off the map eh

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So Myles Jury is finally coming back to the octagon at 210. He hasn't fought since he lost to Do Bronx in December 2015. I was never a fan of his, and I had that weird resentment you hold against a fighter who destroys one of your favourites after he KO'd Gomi, as if he did something wrong. But there's no denying that at one point it seemed like he had a bright future in the sport. I mean he actually won a decision against Diego at a time when the judges automatically gave Diego every fight, UFC gave him the Gomi fight in Japan so they obviously had high hopes for him. Then he got outclassed and had his ass kicked (literally) by Cowboy and Oliveira ran through him quick. But I think what hurt his career much more was the fact that he was beefing with management. Wasn't he complaining that he wasn't getting paid enough? That's a cardinal sin, unless of course you're actually a big draw.

So now he's gonna fight on the prelims, and nobody gives a crap. I'm not even sure why I care all of a sudden. I don't really know anything about Mike De La Torre, I've seen him fight twice and both times he got RNC'd in the first round. Seems a good fight to come back on, so do you think that's a sign that he might be back in the company's good graces? Can he get some momentum going at 145 like he had at LW a few years ago? Anybody here have any insight as to how his training has been going or what he's been up to on this long hiatus?

I believe he's the main event of the 210 FS1 Prelims. Not a bad spot; there will be eyes on him. If he gets an impressive win over Del La Torre (count on it), he might regain some momentum.

*Edit: I believe it's the FS1 opener. He's a fuckin bum. And he's going nowhere (count on it).

**Edit: Turns out I was right. He is the FS1 main event. I always had faith in the kid. War JURY!!!

Last edited:
jury can never come back for all i care, a fuckin dork like that being the first to finish gomi with strikes.

fuck him.

I believe he's the main event of the 210 FS1 Prelims. Not a bad spot; there will be eyes on him. If he gets an impressive win over Del La Torre (count on it), he might regain some momentum.

So do you think that means he's in good with the new owners? He obviously ruffled some feathers with Zuffa when he was talking about how little he gets paid and how hard it is to make a living as a UFC fighter. If they're giving him a relatively easy comeback fight and the main event on the prelims, is that a sign that WME might be looking at giving him a push?

Edit: lmao saw your edit. That's how I saw it at first, I thought he was jerking the curtain but your post gave me a different perspective on it. Oh well.

Last edited:
Well, he's still going to put a good beating on de la Torre.

So do you think that means he's in good with the new owners? He obviously ruffled some feathers with Zuffa when he was talking about how little he gets paid and how hard it is to make a living as a UFC fighter. If they're giving him a relatively easy comeback fight and the main event on the prelims, is that a sign that WME might be looking at giving him a push?
I don't know anything about the business end of things. But I know they've somewhat invested in him- abd they might want to keep that afloat.

He was the co-main event twice: Once on a relatively low-key UFN (Hunt/Nelson). He had an impressive first round KO of Gomi (cracked the chin).

His second one had much more eyes on it. He fought Cowboy under Jones/DC. It wasn't the worst performance, but he looked bad in the end because of those kicks. Since then, he was tapped by Oliviera on the undercard.

He's getting that spot over Usman/Strickland, which is a better and more significant fight. Usman is (sorta. kinda) a TUF winner. And Del La Torre has nothing to do with the promotion. They either want to showcase Jury or showcase a KO/sub.

*Edit: I believe it's the FS1 opener. He's a fuckin bum. And he's going nowhere (count on it).

**Edit: Turns out I was right. He is the FS1 main event. I always had faith in the kid. War JURY!!!
I always thought he would be a future champion. He seemed to have that ''it'' factor imo. Rangy, complete fighter with good distance management and ko power. However, he didn't do so good in his last few fights (wasn't outclased in any sense tho). I think he should've stayed at LW but hope he beats Mike in impressive fashion still.
Myles%2BJury%2BDrops%2Band%2BPounds%2BTakanori%2BGomi%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B52%2BJapan.gif

EDIT: Johnny case is essentially jury's clone, i think they´re friends. good prospect too.

Last edited:
His fight against Mike Ricci is the worst fight I've ever see live, and now I get the displeasure of watching him live again. Hooray.

I like Jury a lot, he's one of my favorite prospects out there. I'm glad he took some time away to refine his tools and drop divisions. He was a good sized LW that always stayed close to weight even out of camp so the drop shouldn't effect his performances. Glad he's back to be honest mates

He still has one of the coolest names and nicknames in MMA, Myles Fury Jury is judge, jury and executioner.

Back