Alexander Gustafsson vs Travis Browne

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea but this fight really intrigues me

Not sure if it's because they are both tall
But I feel this could be FOTY
Obviously it never happens but i feel like if these 2 ever fought, it would be an amazing match up just because of Gus and his height/boxing and Browne because of his agility and ability to absorb damage yet keep coming forward

It's like a dream fight for me because i think they match up well

Gus probably doesn't have the power to hurt him. Travis isn't known for his chin, but Gus has struggled on the feet against DC, Rumble, and Blachowicz. Browne is a better striker than all three and has more power than all of them except maybe Rumble (Rumble has scary power at LHW but couldn't put away AA at HW). Gus isn't chinny by any means, but he's been hurt on the feet multiple times from Bones' spinning elbow to DC's uppercuts to Rumble.

Gus is the more skilled fighter, but this is a bad matchup for him.

I have no idea but this fight really intrigues me

Not sure if it's because they are both tall
But I feel this could be FOTY
Obviously it never happens but i feel like if these 2 ever fought, it would be an amazing match up just because of Gus and his height/boxing and Browne because of his agility and ability to absorb damage yet keep coming forward

It's like a dream fight for me because i think they match up well
Seriously bud?

Gus probably doesn't have the power to hurt him. Travis isn't known for his chin, but Gus has struggled on the feet against DC, Rumble, and Blachowicz. Browne is a better striker than all three and has more power than all of them except maybe Rumble (Rumble has scary power at LHW but couldn't put away AA at HW). Gus isn't chinny by any means, but he's been hurt on the feet multiple times from Bones' spinning elbow to DC's uppercuts to Rumble.

Gus is the more skilled fighter, but this is a bad matchup for him.
I think Gus comes in 220
Travis 245

Imagine if Travis KO'd Gus
<DrakeLaugh>

No doubt in my mind that Gustafsson beats the shit out of Travis Browne

They are in two different divisions. This is the second thread from you today that lacked substance. I would say troll but you seem to be undervaluing the art form.

Yeah.
At this point I pick Gus over Travis.
He will probably get TKOed into oblivion.

Remember what happened to Maldonado's Homer-chin vs Stipe, just saying.

I don't like Travis any more than the next guy, but he's beaten dangerous heavyweights like Reem, Struve, Gonzaga, Schaub, Mitrione and Barnett all by stoppage due to strikes.

Gus has finished who with strikes ... Manuwa and ... Matyushenko?

Huge gap in terms of power and resume when it comes to these two. Again, Gus was being outstruck by Blachowicz and DC, lost a striking match with Jon Jones, and got flatlined by Rumble.

I'd be rooting for Gus all the way, but let's try to look at the facts here.

Go on... <45>
Browne has 14 (T)KO wins at HW including several against elite / top 10 HW's. You think DC and Jan fucking Blachowicz have power like that? Even Rumble's power didn't translate well to HW (he couldn't stop a broken, battered, and chinny Arlovski). HW's are a different breed, homie.

Rumble has made a good living on beating the piss out of dudes like Ryan Bader and over the hill Lil Nog and Glover. Don't get me wrong--these are very good wins, but Browne would murk those dudes too. Rumble didn't stop AA and he didn't stop DC with a flush shot he could only dream to land again. He has very good power for LHW, but HW's are monsters.

Last edited:
Browne has 14 (T)KO wins at HW including several against elite / top 10 HW's. You think DC and Jan fucking Blachowicz have power like that? Even Rumble's power didn't translate well to HW (he couldn't stop a broken, battered, and chinny Arlovski) and he dropped right back down. HW's are a different breed, homie.
True, true, I am just thinking - days of Travis Browne being KO machine are long gone (obviously he can still come back, but so far he is getting further and further away) and Rumble is just getting started.

Back