Polish Heavyweight Adam Wieczorek signs with the UFC

8-1 with all finishes in his last 7. Probably debuts on the Gdansk card.

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Adam-Wieczorek-86930

So good to see the UFC bringing in new blood at HW

The UFC really should try harder to penetrate the Polish market, they have a lot of great MMA fighters in KSW, a big fanbase there and Poland has a rich history in Combat sports. The UFC has Joanna and they have Krysztof Jotko who's about to shock everyone when he beats David Branch and cements himself as a top 10 Middleweight, Jotko's young, outspoken, athletic, breakdances...and 19-1, 5-1 UFC he's only 27...They need to promote their polish fighters and go back to Poland.

Also, really hope they sign Mataeus Gamrot, he's 26 and 13-0 MMA, he's KSW Lightweight champion I believe and he's super athletic and talented.

Good stuff. The UFC really should just pull up an MMA rankings website and try to sign every HW on it that has a promising record. At least 2-3 should pan out if you can do a mass signing of like 15 guys.

I like it, and I agree with you @Arkridge, they need to just sign a ton of HWs and let them fight it out. I wouldn't be mad if they had a TUF season of just HWs as long as those HWs actually stayed at HW instead of pulling a Carlos Junior and dropping to MW.

From TUF 10, we got Schaub, Wren, Nelson, Mitrione, Kimbo, and Wes Sims again for a few minutes. Mitrione is going to fight Fedor, Wren is one win away from coming back to the UFC, Schaub makes millions in T-Shirt dollars, and Nelson's the hero we deserve.

The UFC really should try harder to penetrate the Polish market, they have a lot of great MMA fighters in KSW, a big fanbase there and Poland has a rich history in Combat sports. The UFC has Joanna and they have Krysztof Jotko who's about to shock everyone when he beats David Branch and cements himself as a top 10 Middleweight, Jotko's young, outspoken, athletic, breakdances...and 19-1, 5-1 UFC he's only 27...They need to promote their polish fighters and go back to Poland.

Also, really hope they sign Mataeus Gamrot, he's 26 and 13-0 MMA, he's KSW Lightweight champion I believe and he's super athletic and talented.

And don't forget about KK!

He lost once 6 years ago. He must be a can. Im not interested.

Am I doing it right Sherdog?

His every fight will be Fight of the Evening.

Promising signing, always good to see new blood at the heavier weight-classes.

For anyone wondering....
adam_wieczorek_fa10.jpg

Seems like a Struve and Gustafson love child

Gdansk card
Gdansk...

I cant stop saying this... it just slides right off the tongue

Last edited:
I wonder if he has any relation to Jonathan Wieczorek ?. haha do you guys remember him? had the most funny fight in UFC history against Wade Shipp, absoutley hilarious fight, watch it if you have never seen it, UFC 47. Actually is undefeated in UFC and they cut him after that fight haha

I wonder if he has any relation to Jonathan Wieczorek ?. haha do you guys remember him? had the most funny fight in UFC history against Wade Shipp, absoutley hilarious fight, watch it if you have never seen it, UFC 47. Actually is undefeated in UFC and they cut him after that fight haha
Came to say the same thing. That fight was one for the ages

Good stuff. The UFC really should just pull up an MMA rankings website and try to sign every HW on it that has a promising record. At least 2-3 should pan out if you can do a mass signing of like 15 guys.

Send them over @Paul L HW's thread, he's got all the prospects and up and comers in there. They've signed a few of them (Ngannou, Blaydes, etc.)

Send them over @Paul L HW's thread, he's got all the prospects and up and comers in there. They've signed a few of them (Ngannou, Blaydes, etc.)
Yeah man his lists are awesome. That or I know of a website called MMASun with good prospect rankings. There's a bunch of sites they could use. The UFC needs to just grab a damn list and sign like 20 guys off of it. Some are bound to stick and be successful.

Yeah man his lists are awesome. That or I know of a website called MMASun with good prospect rankings. There's a bunch of sites they could use. The UFC needs to just grab a damn list and sign like 20 guys off of it. Some are bound to stick and be successful.

Agreed, they should use one for LHW, too. Both those divisions have been struggling. I'd say right now though, HW is a lot better than LHW at the minute.

For anyone wondering....
adam_wieczorek_fa10.jpg

Seems like a Struve and Gustafson love child

Gdansk...

I cant stop saying this... it just slides right of the tongue

Struve and young Kharitonov I'd say

Tournament time

This kid could put a good whooping on the Black Beast. You guys should check out his fights. He could very well be a champion.

Back