Walt Harris vs. Cyril Asker first confirmed fight for June/Singapore FN (111) event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://mmadna.nl/heavyweights-walt-harris-en-cyril-asker-kruisen-degens-in-singapore/

SIR

Crude Dutch to English translation

Heavyweights Walt Harris and Cyril Asker cross swords in Singapore

Cyril Asker just announced that he will compete in Kallang, Singapore on 17 June 2017 at the American Walt Harris. Both Heavyweights will Indoor Stadium in Singapore confront each other. The fight will be part of the Preliminary card of UFC Fight Night 111.

Walt Harris (9-5 MMA / UFC 2-4) and the UFC is to neither far not a good combination. The American Top Team heavyweight fought six times for the UFC, of which he knew only two fights in earnings to continue. Harris won after an absence of almost one and a half years in January 2016 via TKO in the first round of Cody East. Harris had his three previous fights in the UFC lost against Jared Rosholt, Nikita Krylov & Soa Palelei. In October 2016 Harris fought against Russian Shamil Abdurakhimov. In a very disappointing fight on both sides Abdurakhimov eventually won by Split Decision. Harris fought earlier this year at Chase Sherman. In neither to ensure best performance of Harris he defeated Simon in the second round in spectacular fashion by KO. Harris may now try to follow up the victory.

Cyril Asker (8-2 MMA / UFC 1-1) is one of the two French heavyweight fighters in the UFC. Asker in 2016 in Zagreb his debut for the UFC. It was a debut to forget very quickly. Asker went heavily KO in the first round against Jared Cannonier. Asker, however, came back strongly early this year. Thus, the Russian Dmitry Smoliakov was defeated in the first round via KO. Asker will try just as his opponent Harris victory to give a good sequel. Asker was before he entered the UFC EFC Worldwide Champion. This is a South African organization.

Heavyweights Walt Harris and Cyril Asker cross swords in Singapore
Cj3bVDh.gif

This should end in a first round knockout. Quick and easy and exciting. I'm in.

Haha, I just saw this on Wikipedia and wondered if anyone had an official/better source!

I like it, two lower-ranked HW's coming off decent wins, both like to throw hands! I'm a bit of a closet Walt Harris fan actually - I feel he was dealt a rough hand early in his UFC career, he was a legitimate decent prospect and got a rough run of losses. He'll make for fun fights against fellow strikers.

Harris, KO, 2nd round.

So I'm the only one confused why this is in Singapore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back