Platinum Mike Perry: 2-3 wins away from a title shot ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mike Perry is about to face Jake Ellenberger who is ranked #13, with a win that makes him at least #12. After that he surely is getting a top 10 opponent, since it is the UFC's best interests to cater to a fighter with a huge fanbase like Platinum. Assuming he beats his top 10 opponent it is not a stretch to think that the title shot will be granted to him. There are no stars in the WW division, and a potential fight between him and GSP would be huge. What do you think ?

Please if you are a troll do not reply to this thread

Please if you are a troll do not reply to this thread
giphy.gif

2-3 wins will take him about 10 fights in the UFC

Mike Perry is a can.

he is the dude who got mauled by a male model right?

Perry isnt even top50 imho, doesnt deserve the e-burger fight and he is gonna lose soundly.

he wont ever earn a titleshot in the UFC

Excellent thread OP, very well thought out. Yes I agree 2-3 fights is all it takes for a title shot. Consider Woodleys path to the title shot W-L-W-W-L-W-W. Even if Mike picks up another loss, four more wins and he's good for a title shot according to the Woodley formula.

2-3 wins will take him about 10 fights in the UFC
Makes no sense, he got 2 wins in his first 2 fights and has a 90% KO ratio in all his fights.

That should mean Jouban is one fight away from a title fight.

Excellent thread OP, very well thought out. Yes I agree 2-3 fights is all it takes for a title shot. Consider Woodleys path to the title shot W-L-W-W-L-W-W. Even if Mike picks up another loss, four more wins and he's good for a title shot according to the Woodley formula.

Makes no sense, he got 2 wins in his first 2 fights and has a 90% KO ratio in all his fights.

My Platinum Brother, Mike Perry as 9 wins and they're all by knockout, that's a 100% knockout ratio. Mike Perry is truly a black belt with these hands. Platinum bless.

he is the dude who got mauled by a male model right?
Why is that relevant? The question isn't WILL he get 2-3 more wins
The question is if he goes on a 2-3 win streak will he get a title shot

The answer is... yes. Or at least a title contender fight. I think that much is obvious, he's a hard punching brawler with a hardcore fanbase following, a polarizing charisma and a unique look. In a division that has a lot of talent but zero stars, and the top 10 has begun to thin out significantly. Not to mention he's a young MMA fighter and if he were anyone else at his age we'd be thinking about what improvements he could make, not taking a loss and assuming that's the level he'll remain at forever more (unless he was Kevin Lee, who also draws a lot of hate).

That should mean Jouban is one fight away from a title fight.
He probably was a win or two away
hence fighting a top 15/10 ranked fighter in Gunnar on a co-main event
But then he lost.

A troll making a thread and asking other trolls to keep away... Sherdog troll logic. Perry just got dominated by an unranked Alan Jouban, get a clue you dullard.

I think everything will fall in line when Perry is fighting for the title. Maia will be the champ by that time and it will be a great standup vs ground game battle and I see Perry knocking Maia's head off while Maia failing to take him down. He will then praise Maia and Maia being a nice guy will give him his due credit and retire. It will be a new era of a different kind of beast. Cannot wait. Mike Perry WW Champ 2018.

Ellenberger - WIN
Followed by fights and wins against Matt Brown, Tarec Saffiedine, Jorge Masivdal and Robbie Lawler then a title shot.

So I'd say he's 4-5 fight away from his destined title shot.

I'm just glad all those Platinum memes

will soon be exclusive to Bellator threads

<{MingNope}>

Matt Brown, Tarec Saffiedine, Jorge Masivdal and Robbie Lawler then a title shot.
If this is his path to the title and he completes said journey then there will be no doubt who the GOAT welterweight is.

Back