Forrest Griffin vs Rumble

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
Current rumble

How bad would this fight be for Griffin?
Would it be more embarrassing than the Silva fight

Or could Griffin find a way to win and sink in a sub

Just been watching some griffin interviews
I could see him getting knocked out
But also somehow get a submission victory

Griffin dies in the first round.

Current rumble

I think if the Forrest that beat Rampage turned up, stayed on the outside and didn't brawl too much, he'd still get KO'd

Love Forrest, but Rumble would only have to touch him once in 25 minutes

I think if the Forrest that beat Rampage turned up, stayed on the outside and didn't brawl too much, he'd still get KO'd

Love Forrest, but Rumble would only have to touch him once in 25 minutes
Rumble would have to do it in 10 minutes but i do see Forrest getting KO'd by then. but if he doe get pass 10 Forrest subs him.

It's norm to shit on Forrest now but in his prime he gave Rampage who is quite similar to Rumble a hell of a fight. And he subbed Shogun. If he hangs in there he could take over. Rumble is the favourite though. No doubt.

Terrible fight for Forest. He is a former champion and has a good resume but most take him as a joke since Silva took his soul.

It's norm to shit on Forrest now but in his prime he gave Rampage who is quite similar to Rumble a hell of a fight. And he subbed Shogun. If he hangs in there he could take over. Rumble is the favourite though. No doubt.
Man I'd love to see Rumble now vs 2007 Rampage

ends like the Jardine fight, imo:
61tiozn.gif

Xanax took his soul, not Anderson
No, Anderson Silva absolutely picked apart and destroyed Forest Griffin.

The Xanax part is what was found in his system after the fight. It doesn't mean he was on Xanax during the fight unless a source says otherwise.

Terrible fight for Forest. He is a former champion and has a good resume but most take him as a joke since Silva took his soul.
Forrest has wins over 4 UFC champions, the immature MMA fanbase are assholes when it comes to less "aesthetic" style fighters.

What about Forrest vs Lyoto, that fight was supposed to happen back in 2007

How does it go down? Remember this was tentative Griffin that had just been TKO'd by Jardine and took a points decision against Hector Ramirez. And Lyoto ended up fighting David Heath

Forrest has wins over 4 UFC champions, the immature MMA fanbase are assholes when it comes to less "aesthetic" style fighters.
Forest vs Rampage wasn't close either. Griffin clearly beat Rampage Jackson in a 5 round contest when most thought he'd be KO'd inside two rounds.

Current rumble

Wasteland

The Xanax part is what was found in his system after the fight. It doesn't mean he was on Xanax during the fight unless a source says otherwise.
Pretty sure Forrest admitted it himself

Forest vs Rampage wasn't close either. Griffin clearly beat Rampage Jackson in a 5 round contest when most thought he'd be KO'd inside two rounds.
A lot of people had it as a draw it was that close

A lot of people had it as a draw it was that close
I haven't seen that fight in years and only saw it once, but from what I remember Forest Griffin clearly won. Not decisively or anything, but he won hands down.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.mmafi...-to-taking-xanax-night-before-epic-ufc-101-to

"I failed my drug test I think for Xanax," Griffin said. "I had a doctor's prescription, I was just, I didn't do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn't sleep."

Nothing is more embarrassing than the Silva fight. He got Matrix'd.

Rumble would probably decapitate him, but it wouldn't be like that.

I haven't seen that fight in years and only saw it once, but from what I remember Forest Griffin clearly won. Not decisively or anything, but he won hands down.
I recall at the time thinking it could be a draw, and I watched it last year on a long ass plane journey and I thought Forrest had just edged it.
Maybe. But I loved both guys so I didn't really care who won

Back