BJ Penn's fighting AGAIN?!

latoya johnson

Double Black Card
@Green
Reaction score
He hasn't won a fight in 6.5 years.
His last two outings were embarrassing.

At this point, I'm not surprised by Penn's willingness to fight.
I'm surprised and disgusted that the promotion is content to exploit him like this. He needs to get Chuck Liddell'd right now.
Why are the athletic commissions allowing this?
Why are his training camp and coaches allowing this?

It's like the only people who know this is a bad idea are the fans on Sherdog, but we're the ones who should be apathetic a**holes, not them.

BJ Penn was never that good, "Motivated" Penn is a myth spread by old sherdoggers who can't move on

I'm down, Denis Siver is a guy he could easily beat.
Wish he would fight at 155 though
kako-muskarac-kupi-cure.gif

6th times a charm.

Fighters gonna fight.

I admire the guy for doing what he loves.

Last edited:
He wants more Ls than Ws

Let him carry on
A solid fighter at that time but overall a very overRated fighter

BJ didn't really take any shots last fight that would make you worry seriously. He just kind of got overwhelmed and swarmed on. He didn't even get to fight. Glad to see him at least one more time.

BJ Penn was never that good, "Motivated" Penn is a myth spread by old sherdoggers who can't move on
STFU
From 2001-2005 he was easily one of the most gifted and innovative fighters in the sport, at one point during that time, he stopped arguably the #1 LW in the world and then the #1 WW in the world in a span of something like 6 months (Gomi & Hughes). And then from 2007-2009 he was easily the best LW this sport has ever seen.

There was a time when Anderson Silva called BJ Penn the best fighter in the world, but now some fat virgin on Sherdog is saying he was "never that good". Ok guy lol

However, it's now 2017, and I don't think he could be competitive in the womens division nowadays.

Good. They fucked up his return by putting him in there with a young savage.

Well he is a fighter you know :) That's what he likes to do. He likes to fight.

Maybe he'll win, maybe he won't. He already has 2 belts in 2 different divisions sooooo... nothing left to prove.

Well on paper siver is a good opponent for penn, not a total mismatch like his last fight; lol bj was figting rory mcdonald at welterweight!

As long as you match him up properly, there is no issue. Last fight was a joke. 50 year old Dennis Siver isn't.

Good. They fucked up his return by putting him in there with a young savage.
Yeah matching him up vs Yair was stupid...

I feel he beats Siver, soundly....Penn will never challenge for another title in the UFC....but he definitely can be a part of some fun fights.

I heard he was in a legal battle over a illegal sugar cane crop

Because he and his coaches think he is not done yet.

We are not the one in the gym with BJ.

Back