Who and When is Alexey Oleynik fighting??

hypocalking

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Really enjoy Alexey's fights in the UFC and even before UFC. From him KOing Jared Rosholt to that ezekiel choke from the bottom on Viktor Pesta. Would like to see him fight maybe Travis Browne, Andre or Struve. Someone in the top 10. I don't understand how Travis Browne is still in the the top 10 when he's lost his last 3 fights. Same with Arlovski. Get it together Mick Maynard.....

Well, I don't think beating Viktor Pesta really gets you a top 10 guy. He just fought in January, so it's not insane that he doesn't have a new fight booked. Though I'm curious, are you just saying he should fight someone in the top 10, or that he should be top 10 as well, cuz I'm struggling to find someone above him that could be below him, short of maybe Tybura

That win over Pesta was cool as hell. The Omielanczuk loss really halted his momentum and I think it has to do with all his injuries. I hope he gets a good fight next but I don't think the UFC has too many plans for him and I don't blame him. He's 39 and injured a lot and that wasn't a good loss. The UFC should reward him for KOing Rosholt out of the UFC with a good fight though.

When they find next victim for his next kill-choke-meal

Well, I don't think beating Viktor Pesta really gets you a top 10 guy. He just fought in January, so it's not insane that he doesn't have a new fight booked. Though I'm curious, are you just saying he should fight someone in the top 10, or that he should be top 10 as well, cuz I'm struggling to find someone above him that could be below him, short of maybe Tybura
He's turning 40 this year and is on a nice 12-1 run, including being 3-1 in UFC.

that Ezekial choke was insane to watch, truly

his KO of Rosholt was fantastic too

I'd like to see him fight Tim Johnson

He's turning 40 this year and is on a nice 12-1 run, including being 3-1 in UFC.
Well, that still doesn't really justify anything I just asked about.

I think Rosholts cut was a little unfair, he was just boring. Still, getting cut isn't giving much weight to Alexey's win. Same for Hamilton, who I'll be shocked if he's not released now after going 3-5. So yeah, the scarf-neck on Anthony was awesome. As was Duffee blasting him. As was Ngannou's surprising kimura over him. As was BJJ light heavyweight Fortuna's 1-punch KO, after being booked to fight Hamilton on 1 week's notice. And Pesta is 1-4 in the UFC on a 3 fight losing streak, on his way to be cut as well.

Alexey has had impressive performances, but within 2 months, it's possible he won't have a win over a single active UFC fighter. That's not convincing many people he's top 10

He should fight someone in the top ten. AA and Browne have lost their last three fights. They shouldn't be ranked above Alexey.

Well, that still doesn't really justify anything I just asked about.

I think Rosholts cut was a little unfair, he was just boring. Still, getting cut isn't giving much weight to Alexey's win. Same for Hamilton, who I'll be shocked if he's not released now after going 3-5. So yeah, the scarf-neck on Anthony was awesome. As was Duffee blasting him. As was Ngannou's surprising kimura over him. As was BJJ light heavyweight Fortuna's 1-punch KO, after being booked to fight Hamilton on 1 week's notice. And Pesta is 1-4 in the UFC on a 3 fight losing streak, on his way to be cut as well.

Alexey has had impressive performances, but within 2 months, it's possible he won't have a win over a single active UFC fighter. That's not convincing many people he's top 10
This is why the UFC should give him someone in the top ten. I like Browne.

Oleynik is bad-ass on the ground, he is so slick on the ground and goes for all types of crazy subs, he is a million times more fun to watch than Maia or Werdum or any other top level BJJ guy on the ground. He is much more creative and crafty with his subs. I am a big fan of the guy too, I wish he would fight more often, its a shame UFC signed him at such a older age. he has like 45 sub wins in his MMA career.

I predicted he'd win that last fight by a sub in the 2nd. But, he pulled off that wicked Ezekiel choke in round one.

Looking forward to his next fight. I sure hope he has another fight, or two in the UFC. He's 3 - 1 in the UFC. The Boa Constrictor has MAD sub skills.

He's one of the more entertaining HWs in the UFC for sure. Can't wait for his next fight.

He'll probably crop up on a European card in the coming months, possibly against Tim Johnson - they seem to love sticking Johnson on European UFN cards! Plus, Tim just beat the last guy to beat Oleynik so it makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back