Great fighters that never fought in UFC

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC is the ultimate proving ground. It takes a lot of balls just to step in the cage. Some great fighters have opted to fight lesser competition in small promotions like One FC and Rizin though.
  • Ben Askren: (15-0)
  • Fedor Emienenko: (36-4)
  • Shinya Aoki: (39-7)
  • Mamed Khalidov: (33-4)
I think it's a shame that the HW goat, the goat of submissions in MMA, a former top prospect, and the best wrestler in MMA never fought in the UFC.

Who else took the easy road instead of testing themselves in the UFC?

Igor

Fedor fought in Pride when it was number 1 for HWs and Strikeforce when the talent was split 50/50

giphy.gif

Karl Gotch
Frank Gotch
Georg Hackenschmidtt
Ad Santel
Helio Gracie
Carlson Gracie
Judo Gene LeBell
Jose Pele Landi-Johns
Ricardo Arona
Fedor

Not so much that top fighters didn't want to fight good fighters as it was they couldn't come to terms with UFC offers, in some cases less pay than they could get elsewhere or just overall restrictive contracts. (example: aoki, bibiano fernandes, fedor, etc.)

Not so much that top fighters didn't want to fight good fighters as it was they couldn't come to terms with UFC offers, in some cases less pay than they could get elsewhere or just overall restrictive contracts. (example: aoki, bibiano fernandes, fedor, etc.)
True, I was going to fight Ngannou but we just couldn't come to terms that's all. Plus they are just very disrespectful yah know?

The UFC is the ultimate proving ground. It takes a lot of balls just to step in the cage. Some great fighters have opted to fight lesser competition in small promotions like One FC and Rizin though.
  • Ben Askren: (15-0)
  • Fedor Emienenko: (36-4)
  • Shinya Aoki: (39-7)
  • Mamed Khalidov: (33-4)
I think it's a shame that the HW goat, the goat of submissions in MMA, a former top prospect, and the best wrestler in MMA never fought in the UFC.

Who else took the easy road instead of testing themselves in the UFC?
The easy road? Pride and strike force always had way better heavyweights than the UFC.

Kharitonov and Arona.

True, I was going to fight Ngannou but we just couldn't come to terms that's all. Plus they are just very disrespectful yah know?
Some people are not as willing to give others so much control over them. I like the UFC as a fan, but I would have qualms about putting up with the BS in their contracts as a fighter (giving up rights to your own image for example, WTF?)

I've always wanted Khalidov in the UFC but sadly I don't think it will ever happen.

Igor?
Sergei Kharitonov?

A bunch of top Pride fighters.

Back