Teemu Packalén:"Diakiese got lucky"

Empyreal

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

0:43 interviewer: "for the folks who havent seen the fight, you lost via ko in 30 seconds. Theres not much to explain here"

1:00 Teemu: " I dont want to explain, but my own view about the fight is that opponent succeeded in his own field and got bit lucky. And i didnt succeed in my own field and had shitty luck"

then Teemu goes on and on how hes in his peak and it was just a fluke. Hes really dismissive about his own flaws and opponents skills.

Like how delusional is he. He didnt move his head off the centerline after the lazy hook which he telegraphet from a mile. Its like a rookie mistake and then goes on how opponent got lucky and doesnt even acknowledge his mistake. seeeeeeriously?

I thought Teemu had more for him, but it seems that with Diakiese's output he would have gotten lucky many more times if that didn't put him out.

Buddeh is fighting hard to not hold onto that L

Surely he's referring to the knee injury by saying he got unlucky. Two leg kicks thrown during the fight and one of them a sidekick to the knee that tears his MCL? I can see that.

I didn't get the kind of vibes from that interview that he's dismissing his own failures and ignoring his opponent's skills, but rather that he was left with a shitty, unlucky taste in his mouth after the fight. He even says that he positioned himself stupidly and that led to the punch being so devastating.

My conclusion is that OP is full of shit, but hey, different interpretations I guess.

Last edited:
It was a mismatch. The opponent was just way too athletic, explosive and sharp. Even their stances and movement showed it. Teemu looked pretty much stuck in the mud, kinda awkward, slow and lazy, while Diakiese looked like a super tight spring ready to explode at any moment.

I seen Packalen fight at UFC glasgow last year, and he didnt really impress me then either.... so I still think any version of Diakiese would probably lay him out

Well he did get his leg a lil messed up basically the moment the fight started. Prolly hard to look smooth on your feet in that situation.

It was a mismatch. The opponent was just way too athletic, explosive and sharp. Even their stances and movement showed it. Teemu looked pretty much stuck in the mud, kinda awkward, slow and lazy, while Diakiese looked like a super tight spring ready to explode at any moment.

Different body types, that doesnt tell anything if it was a mismatch or not. Jones looks stuck in the mud, awkward, slow and lazy as well and is the LHW GOAT.

Different body types, that doesnt tell anything if it was a mismatch or not. Jones looks stuck in the mud, awkward, slow and lazy as well and is the LHW GOAT.
No he doesn't. Shut up if you have no clue about anything.

<codychoke>

I seen Packalen fight at UFC glasgow last year, and he didnt really impress me then either.... so I still think any version of Diakiese would probably lay him out
It was in 2015, not last year, and he took the fight on 1,5 weeks notice while he wasn't even in camp, and it was his UFC debut. I probably come across defensive as fuck, but I feel like statements like that are selling his potential short. Here's his finish over Gouti for example:

I will say this, though: Packalen's movement leaves a lot to be desired, and like the OP said, his head movement is non-existent as has been the case with every single high level Finnish fighter so far. It was the single most worrying thing to me pre-fight against a guy like Diakiese, and for good reason it seems.

Packalen was lucky Mazaggati was not ref during this fight. if so Diakiese would bang his head like a drum when he went down.

Dunno man, he looked completely outclassed on his feet to me. Worse than Alvarez vs McGregor.

It was in 2015, not last year, and he took the fight on 1,5 weeks notice while he wasn't even in camp, and it was his UFC debut. I probably come across defensive as fuck, but I feel like statements like that are selling his potential short. Here's his finish over Gouti for example:

I will say this, though: Packalen's movement leaves a lot to be desired, and like the OP said, his head movement is non-existent as has been the case with every single high level Finnish fighter so far. It was the single most worrying thing to me pre-fight against a guy like Diakiese, and for good reason it seems.

meh still, he wasnt impressive and I remember his fight was the only one to receive boos from the crowd(not putting all that on him though, that would be unfair)

Because shaving it off is easier than having to deal with it?

Why do you have hair? o_O<45>

it also makes it easier to draw unspeakable things on your head and run away though <cheer> it doesn't look like you're capable of growing it either

meh still, he wasnt impressive and I remember his fight was the only one to receive boos from the crowd(not putting all that on him though, that would be unfair)
It was one of the worst fights I've seen, that's for sure.

Packalen was absolutely exhausted after the first round and was constantly trying to pull guard or something, and the French guy was unwilling to commit with anything except long-distance pitter patter in case Packalen somehow managed to take it to the mat where he had an actual fighting chance, even as tired as he was. One of those horrible buttscooting performances.

It was one of the worst fights I've seen, that's for sure.

Packalen was absolutely exhausted after the first round and was constantly trying to pull guard or something, and the French guy was unwilling to commit with anything except long-distance pitter patter in case Packalen somehow managed to take it to the mat where he had an actual fighting chance, even as tired as he was. One of those horrible buttscooting performances.
thats it.... he kept trying to jump to guard and he even butt scooted....... thats a no no in Scotland lol

I dont hold that against him though, I understand he is a better fighter than he showed then. I still think Diakiese is just a bad matchup for him

Back