Fighters who take a loss like man...

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
No excuses.

No bullshit.

They just lobby for the rematch and then win.

GSP / Hughes
GSP / Serra
Cain / JDS
Lesnar / Mir
Rampage / W. Silva
Penn / Pulver

These stand out to me off the top of my head.

Which ones stick out in your memory?

You're pointing out fights when that person did that, not their whole career. Penn has taken losses very badly, as has Rampage and Hughes.

Lauzon vs Held, even though he won Joe knew he didn't deserve it. I know that's kinda the opposite of what you asked but it's a fighter being humble and honest.

Faber Cruz 3. Those guys genuinely didn't be like each other at the time and Faber had just got his butt kicked pretty good. In his post fight interview he gave Cruz a lot of love. Not an easy thing to do after ya just got your butt kicked by your rival.

Hunt vs. Lesnar

I think Cain is the best example. When he loses he comes out and proves a point with his next opponent

Ken Shamrock might have to cool down immediately following the loss but he always gives props to whoever beat him.

No excuses.

No bullshit.

They just lobby for the rematch and then win.

GSP / Hughes
GSP / Serra
Cain / JDS
Lesnar / Mir
Rampage / W. Silva
Penn / Pulver

These stand out to me off the top of my head.

Which ones stick out in your memory?

GSP did take his loss to Serra like a man at first, but shortly after started mimmicking his fans saying he took Serra very lightly.

He said he was overwhelmed by the situation.

That's not an excuse.

Saying "I fucked up" is not the same as making excuses.

According to Sherdog, literally every single thing you say after a loss is an excuse.

According to Sherdog, literally every single thing you say after a loss is an excuse.

So true. Half of them don't even believe Tito fought most of his fights with a broken back and a fractured skull.

GSP did take his loss to Serra like a man at first, but shortly after started mimmicking his fans saying he took Serra very lightly.

I think you need an education as to what an excuse is. An excuse is "the bigger man won" or "I had a secret injury" or "I had a bad weight cut". Saying "I underestimated my opponent and he was better than I gave him credit for" is not an excuse. it's admitting fault.

Rich Franklin was the best at it.

Randy Couture #2.

Not CB Dolloway.

Back