UFC fighters believe in weird hammer therapy

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
So this guy Dr. Beau Hightower apparently works with Winkeljohn and is using a hammer to 'adjust' people

Here's him hammering Karate Hottie

and Overeem

Dodson demonstrates an 'interesting' technique

Joe Rogan doesn't buy into it

Cowboy

Diego

Big Pig

Holly and Brunson

Smith

Claudia

idk it's obviously up to them but looks like snake oil to me
I'm sure we have a lot of highly qualified medical doctors here, any comments?

Btw, interesting that he says Overeem is 100% healthy and in great condition in one post, then he states that he was very worried about Overeem fighting in another post.

Leslie Smith looked like Jake Shields for a second there. Anyway this is just another fad.

Obviously it's horseshit but if the fighters believe it, then it helps. Placebo effect is real. As long as it's not doing them harm I don't see the problem if it makes them think they feel better.

I am a construction worker and I have hit myself with a hammer countless times. I am not a fan.

Cub Swanson is about to get some Russian Hammer therapy

375D629D00000578-3746975-image-a-4_1471525707793.jpg

Amirite guys

... guys?

If it works for Willie...

I'd love to hammer Holly, Michelle and Claudia...
andrew-dice-clay-oh-o.gif

I'm astonished...that there's a crackpot medical theory that Rogan DOESN'T buy into.

hammers are great training tools. every time they fuck up, you smash one of their fingers with a hammer. I promise they will do it right and tell the truth. Hammer therapy works

Jesus christ... that's so fucking stupid....
And waterson:
2/10
Would not hammer

Don't really care how weird something looks. If it helps and if it works, then it's worth it.

Yea.... if a doctor asks you to pose with them and hold one of their tools for a photo-op, that's not a good doctor.

I saw a chiropractor who used a device to do something similar. It was electronically set to a certain pressure of impact though.

I'm astonished...that there's a crackpot medical theory that Rogan DOESN'T buy into.

What crackpot ones does he endorse?

The only unusual things I've heard him advocate for are not really crackpot - intermittent fasting, and stem cell injections are points of injury.

complete pseudoscience bullshit. fighters cant complain about pay when they waste money on this

Last edited:
Back