Who would win between GSP and Aldo at LW?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Nobody would have thought we could ever see this a few years back, but it seems kind of, remotely possible now with GSP potentially moving down in the future and Aldo potentially moving up. IF GSP could make 155 and faced Aldo there, who do you think would prevail?

Nobody would have thought we could ever see this a few years back, but it seems kind of, remotely possible now with GSP potentially moving down in the future and Aldo potentially moving up. IF GSP could make 155 and faced Aldo there, who do you think would prevail?

Best takedown artist of all time in MMA

vs

Best takedown defense artist of all time in MMA.

Irresistable force vs immovable force

rik81.jpg

I highly doubt GSP will move down but I think GSP is too big for Aldo and would hold him down.

Gsp can't make 155, at least he couldn't back before usada.

Aldo would be my guess. Aldo has better striking and overall boxing. His jab is better than GSP's and Aldo has proven he can outclas great mma boxers like Edgar. I also don't think GSP could take him down at LW. Size doesn't matter when it comes to takedowns if the guy can't get to you. If GSP shoots, he'll get stuffed....aldo rarely lets guys get a good penetration step in.

Since GSP would have to lop off a limb to make 155lbs I'm gonna go with Jose.

Get real.

This is dumb.

Aldo would quit on the stool in the 4th

I don't think GSP could cut to 155 without doing damage to himself.

Aldo would be my guess. Aldo has better striking and overall boxing. His jab is better than GSP's and Aldo has proven he can outclas great mma boxers like Edgar. I also don't think GSP could take him down at LW. Size doesn't matter when it comes to takedowns if the guy can't get to you. If GSP shoots, he'll get stuffed....aldo rarely lets guys get a good penetration step in.
I don't think Aldo's jab is nearly as good as Gsp, also we've seen Aldo give up some takedowns in later rounds. I think Gsp would wear him down and dominate

Aldo. Gsp would have to lose a lot of muscle mass to get to 155. It wouldn't be the same gsp while aldo could put on more muscle and have better cardio from not cutting than his already great cardio.

Aldo is GSPs kryptonite and worst style matchup ever. Aldo stuffs GSP using his GOAT TDD and outstrikes him on the feet for a TKO win.

At this point, Aldo would likely win for 2 reasons. First, we're not talking about a prime GSP anymore. The man is almost 36 and hasn't fought in more than 3 years. And before he retired, he was clearly declining. The knee injuries and advanced age slowed GSP considerably. Secondly, I suspect that GSP would be severely drained from a cut to 155. Even assuming he could make the weight, he wouldn't be the same fighter.

I'd take Aldo against amputee GSP. I don't believe his bullshit about making LW.

GSP would win that fight more times than not but Aldo has speed, skill and power to hurt him and beat him.

I would like that fight ONLY for the simple curiosity of Aldo's TDD and get ups vs a GSP TD and top game.

Back