Mousasi confident against Weidman leading into 210

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“He’s a solid fighter. He is good everywhere, but he’s not great. He’s not that explosive, he’s not that fast and I am going to light him up, I promise,” said Gegard during a recent interview with MMA H.E.A.T.

“I know he’s a confident guy, cocky sometimes, but I think he underestimates me. And I am going to show him, I’m not kidding. I am in great shape, no one is taking me down and in standup, I’m just very confident and happy I got this fight,” he added.

Still, Gegard says he has nothing personal against the former Middleweight champion

“I got nothing against respect the guy, he’s a nice guy. At the end of the day it’s the fight and afterward, we’re the same.”

Thoughts on who takes this fight?

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/3/21/1...light-up-a-cocky-chris-weidman-in-buffalo-mma

Mousasi has to be more aggressive. Not just staying on the outside with his upjab.

Gegard by brutalization.

Love Chris but Heel Mousasi is the GOAT MW. He don't need no goats on his farm cuz he the GOAT.

giphy.gif

Weird criticism because Mousasi isn't fast or explosive either. First round will be close if Mousasi is lucky, by the third it will be all Weidman.

If he thinks Chris can't take him down, or that weidman is not great in the grappling department he is sadly mistaken. I do give him the edge in the standup and cardio department tho.

It's an interesting match-up.

Teh Chris' best shot is making this a grappling-heavy contest. If he tries to stand and bang for a considerable amount of time, Moose will chew him up.

I'd bet on whoever the dog is in this fight because this is a pick em fight.

Both guys have several routes to victory. Only difference is one is on a win streak and one is getting knocked out recently.

It's an interesting match-up.

Teh Chris' best shot is making this a grappling-heavy contest. If he tries to stand and bang for a considerable amount of time, Moose will chew him up.

Yep his best bet is to come out super aggressive in the first round and just bully Gegard to the ground. He's been shown to slow and and become real hesitant if you do that.

Yep his best bet is to come out super aggressive in the first round and just bully Gegard to the ground. He's been shown to slow and and become real hesitant if you do that.
If I were Chris, I'd make this a clinch war

Moussasi is the perfect style to beat the red ranger.

Chris beat Machida standing up. Gegard got buttraped.

Chris via walking right through him

Mousasi needs to be the aggressor in this bout.
Weidman is only good when he's pushing someone back, so if Mousasi wants to win he's gotta back up Chris.

weidman has sucked the most after usada, i think his wins against anderson should be overturned.

Back