Rashad/Woodley/Cormier Venn Diagram

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These 3 fighters share many similarities but also many differences. So I've made a Venn diagram to explain where they are similar and where they differ.

Similarities:
  • Good wrestling
  • Explosive
  • Won UFC belt
  • In mid 30's
  • Work for Fox
  • Goatee beard style
  • Strong overhand right
  • Don't throw kicks
  • Lay and Pray at times
  • All were scheduled to fight on 205 card
Differences:
  • Rashad and Cormier are light heavyweights while Woodley is a welterweight
  • While Rashad and Woodley are usually ripped Cormier carries a bit of extra fat.
  • Rashad and Cormier fought both Jon Jones and Dan Henderson.
  • While Cormier and Woodley are current champs Rashad is a former champ.
  • Rashad and Woodley tend to freeze up and doubt themselves while Cormier does not.
  • Cormier has fought Rumble and Rashad is friends with Rumble but I don't think Woodley knows Rumble.
  • Woodley is 5'9 while Cormier is 5'11 and Rashad is 6'0
Hope this helps.

Edit:

IMG_2600.PNG
Credit: @Oedad

Last edited:
I was promised a Venn diagram and you didn't deliver.
animals-01.png

PS: I like comparing Tyron to Koscheck in fighting terms. He's like a modern version.

Cormier does not have a "Goatee style beard" where as Rashad and Woodley have epic beards

I was promised a Venn diagram and you didn't deliver.
animals-01.png

PS: I like comparing Tyron to Koscheck in fighting terms. He's like a modern version.
Sherdog did not provide me the proper tools to draw the circles.
Cormier does not have a "Goatee style beard" where as Rashad and Woodley have epic beards
They look pretty similar. Cormier definitely has the worse beard of the three though.

@orangecuse that would fit under the Fox broadcast umbrella.

I've mistook Rashad/Tyron on a quick glance on a stream before. Suga looked like a different dude in that last fight though, he somehow looked both older and younger at the same time. Was weird.

Rashad has shad face
Woodley is a racist
Both have boring fights
Both will be obliterated by kelly
FOX is a channel for white supremacists

In 10 years nobody remembers connor .. nobody would remember woodley in 2... shad face is forever.

I can't say i've seen much of this from any of them.
They have shown elite lay and Pray ability in the past. I feel strongly that that is a trait they all share although they may not do it often.

Examples:
Daley vs Woodley
Cormier vs Anderson

Rashad throws kicks.
2a3508718c14c5d7d1404d3c011c4d27.320x180x95.gif

tumblr_n37zmvyCqt1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
True but I'm pretty sure those are 2 of the only kicks he's ever thrown.

They have shown elite lay and Pray ability in the past. I feel strongly that that is a trait they all share although they may not do it often.

Examples:
Daley vs Woodley
Cormier vs Anderson
I never saw Daley vs Woodley so i'll take your word for it on that one.

But Silva vs DC wasn't DC's fault. Silva trapped him in half beyond well every time DC got there preventing him from really getting big shots off. & even then, he still did somewhat. Regardless...can't blame Andy for going full survival mode with that monster on top of him. & I say that as a DC fan & Silva hater.

Similarities:
They all have lucrative Reebok sponsorship $$$.

I never saw Daley vs Woodley so i'll take your word for it on that one.

But Silva vs DC wasn't DC's fault. Silva trapped him in half beyond well every time DC got there preventing him from really getting big shots off. & even then, he still did somewhat. Regardless...can't blame Andy for going full survival mode with that monster on top of him. & I say that as a DC fan & Silva hater.
Dear god don't watch it. It's bad. I feel Cormier should have done more considering his opponent and the importance of the ppv. It was very bad timing to pull that shit.

Examples:
Daley vs Woodley
Cormier vs Anderson

True but I'm pretty sure those are 2 of the only kicks he's ever thrown.
he has a headkick knockout.

Dear god don't watch it. It's bad. I feel Cormier should have done more considering his opponent and the importance of the ppv. It was very bad timing to pull that shit.
Yeeeeah. But damn did he go through a roller coaster of fuckery right before it. He was pretty obviously mentally exhausted.

Corrections

Rashad fought Henderson to a decision, Cormier finished Henderson.

Rashad and Cormier both are like 5'9"-5'10. I assume Woodley is shorter.

Out of the three, Rashad never successfully defended his title.

Corrections

Rashad fought Henderson to a decision, Cormier finished Henderson.

Rashad and Cormier both are like 5'9"-5'10. I assume Woodley is shorter.

Out of the three, Rashad never successfully defended his title.
Good catch the Cormier fight was so boring I forgot he choked him out.

Back