UFC Will Decline into 2018

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys like Romero and Jacare should be mid-level stars by now. They're still just journeyman. And they're so old they're about to retire.

By putting on these big money fights with established stars, the UFC is doing 2 things:

1) Not building a healthy roster of mid-level stars and new, rising stars for future PPV sales. They're burning their future for short-term profit.

2) Making current stars more important than the UFC brand, which will make the UFC brand worth less. Example: Conor being able to make (literally) 100 times the money without the UFC than with it.

If these trends hold true, they point to a bleak future for the UFC after they're done enjoying a couple huge PPVs in the present.

I'd say it's already in decline.

But the UFC should still have Conor, GSP if he continues to fight and whenever Jones comes back, for the next several years.

I can already see the interest waning in my friends that are casual fans.

They rely on hype from the hardcore fans like us to get into these fights. They ask me questions about the fights and then that gets them interested.

When they see the hardcore fans starting to lose interest and think things are becoming a joke, they start to lose interest and no longer think the UFC is cool. The UFC is killng its brand.

I'd say it's already in decline.

But the UFC should still have Conor, GSP if he continues to fight and whenever Jones comes back, for the next several years.
Why would Conor go back when he can invoke the Ali Act to make 100 times the money he would make in 1 fight - hundreds of millions of $$ - and more money than he would make in all his fights for the rest of his UFC career combined?

At this point, the ufc could fade into obscurity and still turn a profit.

Why would Conor go back when he can invoke the Ali Act to make 100 times the money he would make in 1 fight - hundreds of millions of $$ - and more money than he would make in all his fights for the rest of his UFC career combined?

Good question. At this point, I don't even think the Mayweather fight happens. And even if it does, I'd be surprised if Conor doesn't have a few more big fights in the UFC that he finds intriguing.

I could be wrong though.

Everyday for years the death of the UFC has been predicted. If it and when it happens they will take in pride in being able to finally say "I told you so". That is if they don't die before the UFC does.

Good question. At this point, I don't even think the Mayweather fight happens. And even if it does, I'd be surprised if Conor doesn't have a few more big fights in the UFC that he finds intriguing.

I could be wrong though.

The Mayweather fight does $500M - $1 billion in revenue. This fight is bigger than the UFC. It's gonna happen.

Not to mention, Scott Coker is slowly building a roster in bellator. If Dana White won't give you a fair shot, you could see the mid level guys Moving over. Don't think that it couldn't happen. I don't see a lot of happy veteran fighters these days.
20110209043539_IMG_7467.JPG

Everyday for years the death of the UFC has been predicted. If it and when it happens they will take in pride in being able to finally say "I told you so". That is if they don't die before the UFC does.
The UFC in the past has declined due to natural peaks and valleys in star power; Lesnar to no Lesnar, GSP to no GSP, etc. It's different now. The UFC brand itself is being destroyed.

Can we ban these tards who make these posts, that have been posted since the dawn of the UFC?

UFC will go up and down. While progressing upwards. You know like it has always done. Riding superstars and fads. That's how most major sports work.

1) UFC has always put established stars first. Randy got gifted title shots. BJ Penn got gifted title shot. Chuck was mowing down easy competition. While Pride had murderers row. They use to embellish records. Arlovski and Royce. Royce even got a gifted title shot. Brock was a gifted title shot. The sport is growing and mid level stars are at an all time high. Don't forget they can just get these guys from lower organizations after they establish themselves.

2) UFC hasn't let anyone get bigger then their brand. Fighters have tried and failed miserably. Conor is pushing it, but he's nothing without the UFC. If he leaves there's no competition and everyone knows it. If you're not UFC champ, you're not the champ.

Bonus) if these gifted title shots win. Doesn't that prove they deserve it. And out of all the "gifts" doesn't GSP Retired champion deserve it the most. I'm not a GSP fan. I'm a Silva guy myself but his credentials should get him whatever he wants.

I do feel bad for Romero even tho I think he's a cheater. But somebody will always be mad. Jacare deserves a shot. If Moose wins, it's hard to ignore him. What about Luke? Some might say that loss was a fluke. Can't make everyone happy. But what they can do is run a business. The brass at UFC have proven to do that better then any promotion could dream about.

I'm done with the UFC. Watching Khabib maul Ferguson will be the end for me.

I had no idea who Derek Brensen was before Anderson Silva fought him. And I'm a hardcore fan who reads MMA news for an hour + a day. And the guy was ranked #5. That's freaking unbelievable to me.

If Romero and Jacare are never going to get title shots, how is anyone else ever going to move into title contention? If no one else is ever going to move into contention, why should anyone care about them?

That's how the UFC's future drawing power is being destroyed. After GSP's title shot, Romero and Jacare are both ~40. A year or so down the line when they're gone, then what? Mousasi and then a top 10 that no one's ever heard of? That's going to be a long string of like Mighty Mouse level PPV sales.

I'm done with the UFC. Watching Khabib maul Ferguson will be the end for me.

I'm going stalk you for the rest of your life and if I find you watching UFC after Saturday night, you will wish you never made this post.

Khabib v Ferg/Conor is the most excited i have been for a fight in the past 400 years.

Back