Even if GSP beat Bisping and win the title....

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He will have to defend it after. With guys like Romero , Rockhold , Weidman , Jacare in the division...all bigger men who can neutralize his wrestling i don't think GSP will keep the belt for very long. He doesn't have much power in his hands and that doesn't really help either.

As much as i love GSP i don't think he tenure as MW champ will last like his reign at WW. He's giving up too much size on the guys i mentionned. All of whom could easily make 205 and not look out of place if they did.

So i admire GSP for his MW try but this won't be an easy road. Especially at his age coming from 2 knees surgeries and a 3 years absence from compeition. Bisping alone is not gonna be as easy as many people think it will be.

Just my 2 cents

He should be fighting at 155. He was KOing and submitting guys like Sherk, Serra, Hughes, and Penn. Tarnished career coming up. As much as he's my favorite fighter.

Just like Bisping had to defend after Rockhold right?

He could beat Jacare imo. But Romero is a dangerous fucking fight for anybody, GSP included, and as much as I'm a GSP fan, I'd have to favor Romero.

Just like Bisping had to defend after Rockhold right?

Thats's not really the point. Of course GSP can always vacate the tile if he wins but i don't think he's the kind of guy to do that. Could be wrong though

Couldn't agree more. I don't know what the end game would be here. I feel like it would have been smarter to find out who the winner of Woodley vs Thompson.

If Thompson wins, It'd be Thompson vs GSP.
The winner of that fight, would face the winner of Mia vs Masvidal

GSP would get destroyed against Yoel. Just saying.

Bra.. big secret ahead: He ain't sticking around the middleweight division—win or lose.

He ain't gonna" defend shit. It's very likely will he push for a fight with Tyrone.

He'll probably just vacate and move down. All of those guys would murk him.

Hell, I'd even take Mousasi over SP at this point...

He will have to defend it after. With guys like Romero , Rockhold , Weidman , Jacare in the division...all bigger men who can neutralize his wrestling i don't think GSP will keep the belt for very long. He doesn't have much power in his hands and that doesn't really help either.

As much as i love GSP i don't think he tenure as MW champ will last like his reign at WW. He's giving up too much size on the guys i mentionned. All of whom could easily make 205 and not look out of place if they did.

So i admire GSP for his MW try but this won't be an easy road. Especially at his age coming from 2 knees surgeries and a 3 years absence from compeition. Bisping alone is not gonna be as easy as many people think it will be.

Just my 2 cents

GSP has a 2.5 inch reach advantage over Romero, 3 inches over Jacare, .5 inch over Bisping, and 4 inches over Roy Nelson. And a very LONG jab.

He could beat Jacare imo. But Romero is a dangerous fucking fight for anybody, GSP included, and as much as I'm a GSP fan, I'd have to favor Romero.
Lol @GSP beating Jacare, :D, good try though, bro

If GSP wins, they will set up a fight with Anderson for the Title. To me, this is pretty obvious. Jacare, Romero and Rockhold might as well move up to Light Heavy for a year.

LOL at you thinking one of the greatest of all time has no chance against Jacare, good try though, bro

One of the greatest WW'S yes, fightihing a much larger, powerful, skilled on the ground and stand-up fighter, yeah, very likely to be a winner, like 1 in 100000000000 , his odds of winning,

Exactly. Gsp is my favorite all time but i fear for his health if he tackles the mw division.

Exactly. Gsp is my favorite all time but i fear for his health if he tackles the mw division.
There's some winnable fights for him at MW, but some of them are really bad style match ups for GSP, especially considering the size difference. Should have waited for the Woodley vs Thompson winner.

There's some winnable fights for him at MW, but some of them are really bad style match ups for GSP, especially considering the size difference. Should have waited for the Woodley vs Thompson winner.
Hopefully he does what he allways used to do, and that is prove me wrong every time i worried about or doubted him. Everytime i feared he would lose he just dominated. One exception being the hendricks fight.

Back