A simple question to all the fans saying UFC is dead or ruined by recent "money/freakshow" - fights

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What about the rest of the fights, the non- freakshow/non-money fights? You know, those fights that still represent over 95% of the fights UFC puts on?

Why is it that so many of you have to be so retarded, I will never understand it..

Artem is the main event , what else is left to say.

I don't mind "moneyfights", I really don't. But I can understand how some fans might feel it fucks up the sport when the #1 contender is ignored in favor of a more popular opponent.

Railing against money fights is literally saying 'it's ridiculous they keep putting on fights just because so many fans want to see them'.

That said, Romero and Jacare are getting screwed. Lol.

What about the rest of the fights, the non- freakshow/non-money fights? You know, those fights that still represent over 95% of the fights UFC puts on?

Why is it that so many of you have to be so retarded, I will never understand it..

I love how they blame WME. UFC has been putting money before contenders. For long as I can remember. Thats how they stayed in buisness.

It's because the money/freak show fights are all for the title.

Because I dont give a damn about the prelim fighters that are 0-2, 1-3, 2-4, etc. in the ufc. I care about the actual top mma fighters and potential prospects (the top25, guys that are vets, and fighters that are potential top 25). There are literally hundreds of meh fighters on the roster.

Yeah. #43 ranked Mustafaya Mugodhamahadev vs. #44 ranked Richard Richardson on UFC on Fuel TV 2 in Azerbadjan is the non-money fight we all want to see and that represent 95% of the fights UFC puts on nowadays.

FFS, the fights that MATTERS should not be fucking freakshow fights, cmon

Refresh my memory, did this sort of thing happen before conor came along because if it didnt then all I can say is well done conor for getting these fighters a pay day and having these 'feakshow/money' fights lol

Because I dont give a damn about the prelim fighters that are 0-2, 1-3, 2-4, etc. in the ufc. I care about the actual top mma fighters and potential prospects (the top25, guys that are vets, and fighters that are potential top 25). There are literally hundreds of meh fighters on the roster.

Are you saying there are not enough that type of quality fights left anymore for you to enjoy, because of the few "money fights" there have been lately?

Listen man, I get it. WME spent over 4b buying the UFC, so they have to make that money back in the most efficient way possible. But at some point, you have to maintain the integrity of the sport. Once you start having too many freak show fights, you go down a slippery slope.

Elite talent will eventually catch on to this, and won't want to fight for a company that favors abstract entertainment over the sport aspect. Would you rather watch a company full of untalented shit talkers, or elite talent where meritocracy determines the success of the athlete? As a MARTIAL ARTS fan, I choose the latter. Ofc GSP vs Bisping will sell more. But at some point, it has to come into question what type of fans are you drawing? And what product are you trying to put on?

I don't mind "moneyfights", I really don't. But I can understand how some fans might feel it fucks up the sport when the #1 contender is ignored in favor of a more popular opponent.

This. It messes up the whole division, Jacare has been nr1 contender for years, Romero has been knocking on that door to (and is rightfully nr1 contender now). Same shit is happening at WW with the rematch, just not as bad since Thompson is actually a top Welterweight fighter.

The problem arises when they spend so much $$$ and time promoting certain Money fights, that they glaze over the fighters that are more entertaining.

More people would tune in to see GSP vs Bisping, when Yoel vs Jacare. The later, would more than likely be a better fight. They should Promote fights more evenly, with the "Big Name Guys" using social media to propel themselves to more buys.

Just my opinion, but when I have to tell people who Tony Ferguson, Gegard Mousasi, or Jorge Masvidal are, it's sort of sad. & I believe that it falls on the UFC to give good fighters more exposure.

Because the fuckery fights are at the tippy top so we never get to see who is best fighters for real.

Is Conor Best LW? Who knows he skipped the line a TKO a weak champion as an example.

Money is a good thing.Freaks are humans.
Death is part of living.Ufc is private company.What's the problem?

A couple of years ago If I would have heard of a sport that doesn't respect rankings/contenders, a place where fans only care about the main event and can no longer name all the champions, where multiple shallow weight-classes roam the landscape and money fights/trash talk is all the rage, I would have thought you were talking about Boxing. Turns out that is just the new reality with the UFC, 5% huge money cards, 95% filler.

FFS, the fights that MATTERS should not be fucking freakshow fights, cmon

A vast majority of the "fights that MATTERS" are not freakshow fights, so what is your problem? Those few fights that are ruins everything, or what are you trying to say?

in almost all of those fights the fighters are chasing hopes of winning a belt. so fuck jacare, fuck romero, fuck anyone fighting in conors division while he's being pregnant, and so on

Back