Masvidal vs. Maia makes even less sense now that GSP is fighting Bisping.

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
With Woodley and Thompson fighting this Saturday, before the news yesterday, the winners next fight would have probably been in June. When Maia vs. Masvidal was booked i thought we for sure were going to see GSP fight the winner of Woodley and Thompson, because why else would the UFC be booking Maia and Masvidal? Now that GSP vs. Bisping is official and the Maia vs. Masvidal fight is happening in May (which has to be a #1 contender fight at this point), we likely won't be getting Woodley/Thompson vs. Maia/Masvidal until the PPV in August or September (depending on the layoff Maia or Masvidal need). Other than wanting to add another fight to an already stacked 211 card, i think it's dumb that Maia vs. Masvidal was made because we could have got the next WW title fight in June.

Oh, and now the middleweight division is at a complete stand still because Bisping vs. GSP is happening in the second half of 2017. Meaning we won't be getting another title fight after that until what, November or December? They fucked over Maia and Romero in one fell swoop for a Bisping vs. GSP fight THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE MUCH SENSE. Can we have Lorenzo back please?

GSP vs Conor for the 185 title will be the biggest fight of all time

Lol

It's very simple. They called Maia and told him they don't give a flying fuck and won't give him a shot, so he could either fight and earn money or sit out and accomplish nothing.

Connor is coming back around that time... So it has to be Conor or nick DiaZ...

Fuck I miss zuffa so much...

Back