Ultimate Fighting Entertainment.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Championships mean nothing these days, with money fights and "super fights" being the focus, with short term goals seemingly the only thing WME has in mind. This is reinforced on a weekly basis now.

All the power to MMA fighters finally getting paid the big bucks and what they're worth, but the foundation of what the UFC was built on and why we all tuned in is now gone. Entertainment is WME's priority.

Anyway, that's the name I'm going with. Ultimate Fighting Entertainment. Sounds good, imo.

As a fan since I was around 15 its sad to see. I hardly ever get those goosebumps I use to get at events like UFC 100. I've sort of lost a lot of interest in the UFC (not overall mma though).

Its all about the entertainment aspect, the sport and legitimacy is no longer important to the owners.

I have absolutely no problem with the GSP Bisping fight. GSP retired on top. He's the GOAT. It's not his fault middleweight is kind of a freak show right now.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that Rockhold got KTFO too.

I have absolutely no problem with the GSP Bisping fight. GSP retired on top. He's the GOAT. It's not his fault middleweight is kind of a freak show right now.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that Rockhold got KTFO too.
How is it a freakshow? The MW division is the best it's ever been, and both Romero and Jacare are deserving contenders sitting and waiting for their title shot.

Rockhold is irrelevant right now due to injuries. He's not needed atm for the title picture to be sorted out.

Bisping not fighting a #1 contender is the only thing that fucks up the MW division right now.

As a fan since I was around 15 its sad to see. I hardly ever get those goosebumps I use to get at events like UFC 100. I've sort of lost a lot of interest in the UFC (not overall mma though).

Its all about the entertainment aspect, the sport and legitimacy is no longer important to the owners.

You are complaining about the legitimacy of superfight between a GOAT and an all time great/GOAT killer, but you liked it when events were headlined by roided professional wrestlers with 4 fights, who made more money than 90% of the roster?

I don't think anyone has a problem with GSP getting an instant shot at the WW belt, but him getting a crack at the MW belt (division he's never fought) where there is a bottleneck of contenders at the top waiting for their shot is kinda shitty.

But okay, he's getting the shot, and that's semi-fine. The big problem I have is that I don't think he's going to stay in the division if he gets the belt. Just gut instincts.

How is it a freakshow? The MW division is the best it's ever been, and both Romero and Jacare are deserving contenders sitting and waiting for their title shot.

Rockhold is irrelevant right now due to injuries. He's not needed atm for the title picture to be sorted out.

Bisping not fighting a #1 contender is the only thing that fucks up the MW division right now.

Middleweight freak show reference is just to the very fact that Bisping is champ and defended in another freak show fight. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Yoel is going to be 40+ before he gets a title shot. THey are prolly just waiting for his bones to start hurting.

Back